Author Topic: Question for film buffs  (Read 4777 times)

Offline godwulf

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 72
    • View Profile
Re: Question for film buffs
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2012, 05:55:55 PM »
Good deal, Obs. Yeah, Scott was quite a guy, by all reports. Did a tour in the Army as an MP, then was discovered by the movie people while working as a lifeguard. While filming one of the Tarzan movies, he impressed the Hell out of some tribesmen by roping and riding a zebra, which they'd never seen anyone crazy enough to try to do. Split for Europe in the early '60s and spent the rest of his life just moving around. I met Jock Mahoney at a film festival back in the '70s, and he told me that Scott (whom Mahoney had worked with, and replaced as Tarzan) was a really nice guy, but he had a habit of making a dinner date with you and then never showing up 'cause he would invariably run into a girl and disappear for a day or two. A bit of a hound, it seems, and with his looks who could blame him?

Jock was one of the biggest guys I've ever met - when I shook his hand, my hand literally disappeared inside of his. He signed some stills from Tarzan's Three Challenges for me, in which he looked so emaciated that he was hardly recognizable. He said he'd gotten dysentery and lost almost fifty pounds in the course of filming. I don't remember him in the "Range Rider" series, but I do remember "Yancy Derringer". He also worked as a stuntman; if you watch The End, with Burt Reynolds and Sally Field (Mahoney's step-daughter), there's a scene where an old man in a wheelchair does a header off a bridge into some water; that was Jock, who was almost sixty at the time.

"I am a white racist pretending to be black." - IM2

Online Observer

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1388
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2013, 12:53:26 AM »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwHWbsvgQUE Small | Large
"If Trump wins, I will quit this forum forever on Nov. 9th." - Flyboy the liar.

Online Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 768
  • Self-absorbed promethean neopelagian
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2018, 02:13:57 AM »
if you can watch them in order from the beginning, think you'll like it, it's Buscemi at his best and primo production

try a couple, it it ain't yer cup a tea.....

have you seen Justified?  on FX new season starts early January   my personal favorite tv show of all time
--Hey Boffo! Been binge watchin' "Boardwalk Empire" for the past two weeks since I been laid up from a foot surgery. Prime stuff! Can't thank you enough. Cinema is not dead!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 02:15:31 AM by Mornac »