Author Topic: Sandy Hook and the vivicentric atheist  (Read 29897 times)

Offline Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1221
  • Self-absorbed promethean neopelagian
    • View Profile
Sandy Hook and the vivicentric atheist
« on: December 15, 2012, 11:11:41 AM »

Offline Pardon_My_French

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 840
    • View Profile
Re: Sandy Hook and the vivicentric atheist
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 11:21:35 AM »
Showing us what a complete and total moron you are again.

Because you are saddled with preconceived tenets and doctrines, you will never be free to be as compassionate as we are. You're fooling yourself if you think you are.

You are of the same ilk as your forebears - the Inquisitors and Crusaders - who would quickly slice a child in half and then claim it was up to God to sort out His own.

You're fooling yourself.
But, you're not fooling us. We know what you are.
"Let's be perfectly clear, Doug.  I am the smartest person in the room." ~ SchroedingersCat -- Newsrake's most pretentious, pompous and paranoid poster.

Offline ivanm

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 401
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 11:35:41 AM »
Dagon advised me months ago not to feed the troll, and in time I came to see what he was getting at.

What does the hypocrite hope to gain by being asshole at a time like this?

Offline DougRich

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 878
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 12:48:30 PM »
He will go to any length, exploit any tragedy, and even violate the spirit of his own professed Faith, in order to attempt to "prove" the superiority of the Traditional Catholic over any other Catholic, the Catholic over any other Christian, the Christian over any other theist, the theist over the atheist or agnostic, or any other aspect of what he happens to be (or claims to be) over the corresponding aspect of whatever he is not.  To him, it is not sufficient that he reacts to something like this in a certain way; no one who doesn't believe in his God can be allowed to be seen having anything like a good or appropriate reaction to it.  To Mornac, everything is a competition - and his religious beliefs must always make him the winner.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."  - E.F. Schumacher

TJ

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 01:52:05 PM »
Mornac, you obviously have no clue what atheists feel, you ignorant pseudo-Christian supremacist, so shut the fuck up.

Online notoc

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 850
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 02:30:12 PM »
There's a Muslim mirror image of Mornac somewhere posting a warped, distorted story of the Sandy Hook massacre in his very own "Religion of peace" thread.

johnhp

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 03:40:11 PM »
Typical Mornac.  Nothing is too disgusting for him.

TJ

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 04:33:56 PM »
While reading Mornac's post this morning, it occurred to me that he has quite a different view of this massacre then we atheists do (I am trying not to paint all Catholics with the same brush as I am Mornac).  We are concerned first and foremost with the families of those killed or wounded, and with taking steps to try to prevent it from happening in the future.  We know there is nothing we can do for those who were killed now, but we are still unsettled at the thought of the horrible unspeakable things they went through during the last moments of their lives.  We try to understand how such a thing could have happened, and while we cannot, we still try to promote the dignified treatment of all people - each in our own way - while at the same time looking for concrete ways to help the families and the community.

Mornac confines himself to offering prayers for the fictional souls of the departed, and feels that is where his responsibility to his fellow humans ends.  He also believes that unless the people who died believed exactly as he does prior to their death, that they are damned for eternity.  He would rather place his trust in some fictional supernatural entity that was imagined by primitive humans living thousands of years ago, and which he imagines somehow cares about the minuscule details of the lives lived by a particular species on this particular planet, than to take responsibility here and now for trying to make life on Earth better for his fellow humans while showing good stewardship of the planet's resources.  Even more inexplicable, he is such a supremacist in his views that he will try to use any tragedy as a means to try to disparage those who do not subscribe to his own supernatural belief system and to try to elevate himself above them.

If this seems like an unfair and even ignorant description of Mornac and his beliefs, I make no apologies.  It's only fair that he get his own tactics turned around on him.

Offline Observer

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1553
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 04:37:10 PM »
Unless I see a lot of activity on one of Mornac's threads or he manages to come up with a thread title that catches my eye, I don't even read his nonsense anymore.

If this seems like an unfair and even ignorant description of Mornac and his beliefs, I make no apologies.

There is no apology due.
"If Trump wins, I will quit this forum forever on Nov. 9th." - Flyboy the liar.

johnhp

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 05:18:48 PM »

If this seems like an unfair and even ignorant description of Mornac and his beliefs, I make no apologies.  It's only fair that he get his own tactics turned around on him.

i do not think you come close to describing the disgusting level of Mornac's beliefs. 

Offline DougRich

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 878
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 05:51:06 PM »

You assessed Mornac's character and psyche from a slightly different perspective than I did in my earlier post...but, overall, I think you did a better, more detailed job of it.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."  - E.F. Schumacher

johnhp

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 05:54:04 PM »
You assessed Mornac's character and psyche from a slightly different perspective than I did in my earlier post...but, overall, I think you did a better, more detailed job of it.

i think your detailed view of his supremacist views are spot on.  i think you all neglect, perhaps because this is not well known here, the fascist tendencies of his sectarian religiousity.

Offline Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 05:57:50 PM »
Dagon advised me months ago not to feed the troll, and in time I came to see what he was getting at.

What does the hypocrite hope to gain by being asshole at a time like this?
He will go to any length, exploit any tragedy, and even violate the spirit of his own professed Faith, in order to attempt to "prove" the superiority of the Traditional Catholic over any other Catholic, the Catholic over any other Christian, the Christian over any other theist, the theist over the atheist or agnostic, or any other aspect of what he happens to be (or claims to be) over the corresponding aspect of whatever he is not.  To him, it is not sufficient that he reacts to something like this in a certain way; no one who doesn't believe in his God can be allowed to be seen having anything like a good or appropriate reaction to it.  To Mornac, everything is a competition - and his religious beliefs must always make him the winner.
There's a Muslim mirror image of Mornac somewhere posting a warped, distorted story of the Sandy Hook massacre in his very own "Religion of peace" thread.
While reading Mornac's post this morning, it occurred to me that he has quite a different view of this massacre then we atheists do (I am trying not to paint all Catholics with the same brush as I am Mornac).  We are concerned first and foremost with the families of those killed or wounded, and with taking steps to try to prevent it from happening in the future.  We know there is nothing we can do for those who were killed now, but we are still unsettled at the thought of the horrible unspeakable things they went through during the last moments of their lives.  We try to understand how such a thing could have happened, and while we cannot, we still try to promote the dignified treatment of all people - each in our own way - while at the same time looking for concrete ways to help the families and the community.

Mornac confines himself to offering prayers for the fictional souls of the departed, and feels that is where his responsibility to his fellow humans ends.  He also believes that unless the people who died believed exactly as he does prior to their death, that they are damned for eternity.  He would rather place his trust in some fictional supernatural entity that was imagined by primitive humans living thousands of years ago, and which he imagines somehow cares about the minuscule details of the lives lived by a particular species on this particular planet, than to take responsibility here and now for trying to make life on Earth better for his fellow humans while showing good stewardship of the planet's resources.  Even more inexplicable, he is such a supremacist in his views that he will try to use any tragedy as a means to try to disparage those who do not subscribe to his own supernatural belief system and to try to elevate himself above them.

Unless I see a lot of activity on one of Mornac's threads or he manages to come up with a thread title that catches my eye, I don't even read his nonsense anymore.

There is no apology due.

Offline Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 06:00:44 PM »
Mornac, you obviously have no clue what atheists feel, you ignorant pseudo-Christian supremacist, so shut the fuck up.

TJ

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 06:35:44 PM »

Mornac is a sad excuse for a religious person.    8)