Author Topic: Conservatives Are Not Orange Hitler Cult Followers  (Read 410 times)

Online RealityHasALiberalBias

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 968
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
Conservatives Are Not Orange Hitler Cult Followers
« on: May 20, 2020, 04:23:53 PM »
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/498710-never-trump-republicans-fringe-or-force-to-be-reckoned-with

Donald Trump dominates the Republican Party and conservative movement. But a small, yet forceful, “Never Trump” contingent in the media and politics infuriates him and may gain traction in the election year.

Disaffected Republicans looking for like-minded analysis have better options than the regular anti-Trump jihads on MSBNC or left-wing social media sites — from fellow conservatives.

Start with The Bulwark, an online site and podcast directed by a Wisconsin conservative Charlie Sykes and including luminaries from the right like Bill Kristol, who was the editor of the Weekly Standard. It pummels the president's ineptitude and integrity and his enablers.

The “Lincoln Project” brigade — led by longtime Republicans like George Conway (his wife is Trump's counselor), Steve Schmidt, who once was a top aide to John McCain, and John Weaver, who was a top aide to Ohio Gov. John Kasich — have run mocking negative ads that went viral after infuriating Trump.

There have been no tougher critiques of the Trump presidency than those written by conservative columnists Michael Gerson, George Will, Max Boot and Pete Wehner.

Mind you, none of these critics on the right have become big government, wealth redistributing left wingers. If Joe Biden and a Democratic Congress were to be elected this November, most of these people will be among their most articulate critics.

But they know the traditional conservative values of limited government, free markets and global leadership aren't in this president's vocabulary. They resent that their philosophical mentor William F. Buckley has been replaced in Trump's Republican Party by Sean Hannity.

“We can see how his con works," Charlie Sykes told me, “how he manipulates conservative memes and exploits the worst and darkest elements of the right. We're the ones calling out his bullshit because we know it's bullshit.”

Sykes was a popular Wisconsin conservative radio talk show host and author until Trump was elected. He left and wrote a book, “How the Right Lost its Mind.” And he founded The Bulwark.

Bulwark isn't just headlines and quick hits — most pieces are well documented and devastating. One of the lead writers is Tim Miller, who was Jeb Bush's communications director.

On March 25, Miller laid out the timeline of the president's handling of the pandemic. It documented how Trump ignored the early advice of experts — Republicans — to vastly expand testing and obtain hospital supplies which soon would be essential. This was one of the earliest and most comprehensive accounts of the massive failure.

Most recently Miller weighed in on the ludicrous “Obamagate” conspiracy hoax, Trump's charge that the former president and his top officials illicitly sought to fix the last presidential election and then to undermine Trump's presidency.

Exhibit A is Trump's former national security adviser Michael Flynn, whom these conspirators claim was framed when he plead guilty — on multiple occasions — to lying to federal officials. William Barr, the attorney general of Trump's dreams, now seeks to drop all charges against Flynn.

A short reprise: Flynn got $45,000 from Russian state television, sat next to Vladimir Putin at a 2015 Moscow dinner and had an inappropriate conversation with the Russian ambassador at the end of the Obama presidency. Then — when that call was revealed — he lied to Vice President Mike Pence about it.

Why wouldn't the FBI want to interview him? They did, and he lied to them too.

Nobody forced Flynn to lie. Flynn is a serial liar.

The mere discussion of “Obamagate” is a travesty but, Miller notes, it's vintage Trump. His entire history in business and politics is to “create a preferred universe of convenient facts, then insist they are true, no matter what.”

Online notoc

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 589
    • View Profile
Re: Conservatives Are Not Orange Hitler Cult Followers
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 05:06:31 PM »
If Joe Biden and a Democratic Congress were to be elected this November, most of these people will be among their most articulate critics.
Which is exactly as it should be. The main job of the opposition is to oppose. In fact it's their only actual job.

Like most would-be dictators Trump can't abide being opposed. His first and only response to it is to cheat.

Offline hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 2360
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 09:12:47 PM »
Like most would-be dictators Trump can't abide being opposed. His first and only response to it is to cheat.

How so notoc?
What "cheating"?
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
– Plato

Offline Mayhem

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 34
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 10:24:17 PM »
How so notoc?
What "cheating"?

Cheating is posting someone's personal information, i.e. first name, middle name, last name or portions thereof in violation of forum rules. It's also posting obscenity and racist remarks against forum rules and the rules in the poster's Internet service provider's agreement.

Online notoc

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 09:27:32 AM »
How so notoc?
What "cheating"?
In your case. Deciding what is right and wrong depending on the supposed political views of the person doing it.

You hated Obama's lies but accept Trump's lies. You hated Obama's bailouts but accept Trump's bailouts. You hated Obama's borrowing but accept Trump's borrowing.

...and you do all this while pretending to be a productive, net contributing member of society.

You're a fraud, Hook. And to commit fraud is to cheat...and, much like Mornac did before he scuttled off to hide under his bed, you add to your fraud with every post you make here.  :-*

Offline hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 11:44:58 AM »
In your case. Deciding what is right and wrong depending on the supposed political views of the person doing it.

You hated Obama's lies but accept Trump's lies. You hated Obama's bailouts but accept Trump's bailouts. You hated Obama's borrowing but accept Trump's borrowing.

...and you do all this while pretending to be a productive, net contributing member of society.

You're a fraud, Hook. And to commit fraud is to cheat...and, much like Mornac did before he scuttled off to hide under his bed, you add to your fraud with every post you make here.  :-*

Gosh notoc!
First.
You do not live in the USA, so basically you have no standing here, so fuck off mate!
Any opinion of yours you offer here in the USA, is null and void.
Go cry to your English masters.

What you say here means absolutely nothing, since you can not affect the outcome of our political system.
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
– Plato

Online RealityHasALiberalBias

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 968
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 11:46:48 AM »

Worse than that. He's a stinking cult follower who swallows whole every lie Orange Hitler tells him.

Online notoc

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 12:03:44 PM »
so fuck off mate!
;D ;D ;D ;D

And only yesterday you were talking about foul language. Your hypocrisy is ceaseless, Hook.

Offline hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2020, 12:26:18 PM »
;D ;D ;D ;D

And only yesterday you were talking about foul language. Your hypocrisy is ceaseless, Hook.

Your memory notoc is slipping away from you at an alarming rate.
I spoke of Mornac not using foul language, not me.
You try so hard to deflect and obfuscate peoples statements.
Is that an inferiority complex problem for you, notoc?
– Plato

Online notoc

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2020, 12:48:59 PM »
Worse than that. He's a stinking cult follower who swallows whole every lie Orange Hitler tells him.
But do you think he actually does? Or is it more a case that he just doesn't care about the lies as long as it's his 'team' telling them?

I mean, put yourself in Hook's shoes. Politics is a game of football for him, it only really exists in online forums such as this...because Trump wasn't Clinton so Hook's 'team' was Trump. And when Trump actually won the election Hook believed he'd actually won something too.

And now he's stuck supporting a 'team' that even he must realise is presiding over the most monumental fuck-up America has ever suffered. Trump gave the game away when he asked his base "What have you got to lose?" The answer of course is "nothing." Hook has no direct investment in America's future, just as he nether directly gains nor loses no matter what Trump's policies bring. His check will arrive every month no matter who's in control of the country...and if his Dear Leader's policies indirectly result in his welfare payment stagnating while inflation eats into its actual purchasing power? By then Trump will be long gone...and a new Dear Leader will be pissing down his leg and telling him it's the fault of the 'immigrant' in the next street over...and the likes of the Garden Queen will dutifully step up with a youtube conspiracy theory to explain everything.

I asked old Queenie how her life had actually changed for the better since Trump took office and the only thing she could come up with was that she no longer had a 'muslim for a president.'

These mopes are misfits, malcontent losers whose losses are never of their own making. They have been groomed to accuse the likes of Obama/Clinton/Biden of abuse while allowing the likes of Trump to grab them by their genitals.

They take no personal responsibility for anything have done, are doing, or will do in the future.  Everything is someone else's responsibility, someone else's fault.

They amuse me only because they don't personally affect my life in any way whatsoever, they are a couple of hours a week of online sport....now, if I actually found I was living next door to one of them then I would seriously consider moving, especially if I had young impressionable children. 

« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 12:57:02 PM by notoc »

Online notoc

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2020, 12:53:48 PM »
I spoke of Mornac not using foul language, not me.
Why were you speaking of Mornac not using foul language? What point were you trying to make?

Online notoc

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2020, 12:55:58 PM »
Is that an inferiority complex problem for you, notoc?
Honestly, Hook? If I felt in any way inferior to you then I would seriously consider suicide.  :-*

Offline hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2020, 08:42:33 PM »
Honestly, Hook? If I felt in any way inferior to you then I would seriously consider suicide.  :-*
I could not stop you notoc, from your suicide endeavor.
– Plato

Offline Mayhem

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 34
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2020, 10:05:23 PM »

He's one of Rush Limbaugh's ardent, devotees.  He even sources Limbaugh, but mocks the New York Times.  I'd like to know where Limbaugh gets his information.  The big networks have reporters and competent journalists all over the world, while Limbaugh followers are quoting Frontpage, Breitbart, Twitchy, Dailycaller and Church Militant.   

Offline hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2020, 11:24:14 PM »
The New York Times has lost its credibility
The paper’s management has chosen to forgo accurate reporting in favor of a crusade against conservatives.

"The instances with which Times stories have misled readers indicates one of two conditions. At best, the paper’s staff — despite its 127 Pulitzer Prizes — is incapable of writing an accurate news story."

https://www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2019/09/ferguson-the-new-york-times-has-lost-its-credibility
– Plato