Author Topic: Trump doesn't know Ireland isn't part of the UK  (Read 422 times)

Offline SpaceCadet

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 290
    • View Profile
Re: Trump doesn't know Ireland isn't part of the UK
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2019, 10:22:51 PM »
Technically Ireland is a part of the UK.
This is just the lefts' attempt to discredit Trump.
How many gaffs do politicians make in their careers?

No, Ireland, where Trump was at the time and where his golf course is located, is NOT part of the UK!  For fuck’s sake!!  Technically or in any way!  This isn’t a situation where you can just keep repeating an incorrect thing until people believe it.

Northern Ireland is part of the UK.  Ireland is not! 

Offline SpaceCadet

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2019, 10:24:18 PM »
I watched the video and I didn't see where he said anything incorrect.    Ireland has a prime minister.  They have decent relations with the UK. Northern Ireland on the other hand has something like First minister.    Aren't you guys sorta trying to make his remarks out to be something OTHER THAN what they are?   he's got a business there.  DO YOU? so then what the hell do you know.

I know that Northern Ireland is part of the UK, while Ireland is not.  And Trump’s property is in Ireland.

Online Calypso Jones

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1848
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2019, 12:26:18 AM »
I know that Northern Ireland is part of the UK, while Ireland is not.  And Trump’s property is in Ireland.

Exactly.  did you even WATCH the video or are you just taking the original posters word.     ASSININE.   He didn't say in any way shape or form what the op claims.

Online Calypso Jones

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2019, 12:30:38 AM »
What is the Difference Between 'Ireland' and 'Northern Ireland'?

Aran Sweaters Direct on Jul 04, 2016

Many non-Irish people ask "What is the difference between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland?".

The Short Answer
◦Ireland is a single island, situated next to Britain, but there are two countries on the island
◦The Republic of Ireland makes up most of the island
◦The Republic of Ireland is an independent sovereign state
◦Northern Ireland makes up the northeastern part of the island
◦Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Some More Details
◦The Republic of Ireland is not part of the United Kingdom
◦Along with Northern Ireland, the other countries of the UK are England, Scotland and Wales and some smaller islands
◦The Republic of Ireland is usually referred to as Ireland
◦When people say Ireland, they usually mean the Republic of Ireland, but sometimes they mean the whole island of Ireland
◦Northern Ireland is usually called the North by people living in the south; while Northerners call the Republic the South
◦Protestants living in Northern Ireland sometimes refer to their country as Ulster, but Ulster is also a larger province, encompassing Northern Ireland and three counties in the Republic
◦Catholics living in Northern Ireland sometimes refer to their country as the Six Counties, and sometimes call the Republic the Free State

Everyday Differences

There are not much day-to-day differences between one part of the island and the other. The main ones are:
◦The currency used in the Republic of Ireland is the Euro, while in Northern Ireland people use the UK currency (sterling)
◦In the Republic of Ireland all speed limits on road signs are indicated in kilometres per hour. In Northern Ireland, speed limits are indicated in miles per hour -- watch out for this.
◦In Northern Ireland, you will see an (increasingly smaller) number of food or UK retail outlets, such as Sainsburys, that do not have any presence in the Republic of Ireland.

The Good Friday Agreement

The Good Friday Agreement, also known as the Belfast Agreement, was signed in April 1998, and was approved by people in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, in a referendum held in May 1998.

The Agreement was a recognition that:
◦the majority of the population of Northern Ireland wanted to remain a part of the United Kingdom
◦a substantial section of the population of Northern Ireland, and the majority of the people of the island of Ireland, wanted to bring about a united Ireland

The agreement acknowledged that both these viewpoints were equally  legitimate.

Northern Ireland is to remain part of the United Kingdom unless or until a majority of the population of

a) Northern Ireland

and

b) the Republic of Ireland

wants the status of Northern Ireland to change.

If this ever comes about, then both the British and Irish governments are under a binding obligation to change the status of Northern Ireland and, presumably, bring about a united Ireland

`

the irish people are conflicted about this.   The president is not wrong.    And this is a bogus topic just to bitch and moan cause democrats lost in the last election and the Mueller report is a bust.

Offline SpaceCadet

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2019, 03:21:01 AM »
Exactly.  did you even WATCH the video or are you just taking the original posters word.     ASSININE.   He didn't say in any way shape or form what the op claims.

Yes I did, and yes he did.

Online Hollybaere

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1018
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2019, 07:44:52 AM »
Technically Ireland is a part of the UK.
This is just the lefts' attempt to discredit Trump.
How many gaffs do politicians make in their careers?

Speaking of gaffs: Remember this guy??

All truth passes through three stages:
First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
� ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER (1788-1860)
Dagon is an idiot!!

Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security, Deserve Neither- Benjamin Franklin

Online Hollybaere

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2019, 07:46:33 AM »

And Trump’s move you were referring to was running for President?  How the fuck would I have known what you were referring to in the context of this thread?  And what does that have to do with this thread?

Do you mean I have to explain this to you also??  ::) ::)

Are you brain dead??
First, it is ridiculed.
Dagon is an idiot!!

Offline SpaceCadet

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2019, 10:50:19 AM »
Do you mean I have to explain this to you also??  ::) ::)

Are you brain dead??

Please don’t.  I’m afraid I might start to see how your mind works.  There’s not much that scares me, but I’m terrified of that.

Online Calypso Jones

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2019, 11:03:44 AM »
Yes I did, and yes he did.

no he didn't. You guys are so eaten up with hate of t his president you hear what you want to hear.

Offline SpaceCadet

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2019, 11:26:28 AM »
no he didn't. You guys are so eaten up with hate of t his president you hear what you want to hear.

In the US, Democratic Congressman Brendan Boyle took issue with Mr Trump’s comment that he was popular in Britain despite the protests planned around the country. Mr Trump had said in the interview: “I believe that the people in the UK – Scotland, Ireland. they like me a lot.”

Mr Boyle pointed out to the president that “Ireland is not part of the UK. It’s been an independent country for about 100 years ... Please stop embarrassing us on the international stage.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/embarrassing-trump-told-ireland-is-not-part-of-uk-1.3563769

Offline NotDougR¡ch

• Full NewsRaker
  • Liked: 13
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2019, 11:31:34 AM »
He has no business being president. He's woefully unsuited and unqualified for such a position. The worse he is, the more you like him. Finally, you have a president you can understand.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."  - E.F. Schumacher

Online Calypso Jones

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2019, 02:10:06 PM »
I could jump on the fact that some iowa vapid democrat female office holder introduced Beodo Orouke as a blank slate.  now if I read the whole thing, I see that she stupidly tried to use it as a compliment, not that there was nothing to him....although the guy is rather....shallow.

but I don't have time to do what the left does.  Beodo is destroying himself...the left is busy destroying themselves.  I say...when  your enemy is destroying themselves.... stand back.

Online Hollybaere

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2019, 05:41:40 PM »
He has no business being president. He's woefully unsuited and unqualified for such a position. The worse he is, the more you like him. Finally, you have a president you can understand.

Please list the qualifications needed to legally run for and hold the office of President of the United States.

I'll just bet Trump meets all of the qualifications.

You see, the above is YOUR opinion. Nothing more.
First, it is ridiculed.
Dagon is an idiot!!

Offline SpaceCadet

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2019, 10:05:08 PM »
Please list the qualifications needed to legally run for and hold the office of President of the United States.

I'll just bet Trump meets all of the qualifications.

You see, the above is YOUR opinion. Nothing more.

Charles Manson met all of the requirements as well.   ::)

Online Calypso Jones

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2019, 10:22:07 PM »

what he does is expose the alliance and lies of the right/left in this country.  They were taking turns being in power.   They fight for us to see and then party all night with each other.   They have an incestuous relationship among themselves and the media.   They are the enemy of the American people.  we see it.   Now we know it.   THIS is the reason that the expresidents looked so very uncomfortable during this PResident's inaugural speech.

You should welcome the freedom this president is regaining for you.  Instead you want to return to the last 8 years for a racist president to make race a boiling point issue, where the economy struggled and growth was so slow it was almost standstill.    Wake up guy.  Get Woked.