Author Topic: Sweet Home Alabama?  (Read 452 times)

Offline Pepsi

• Administrator
  • Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1664
    • View Profile
Sweet Home Alabama?
« on: May 16, 2019, 04:56:33 PM »
absolutely nothing will be found.

there is nothing to be found.

Offline RealityHasALiberalBias

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 892
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
Re: Sweet Home Alabama?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 06:06:58 PM »
The people who go on and on about Sharia law are imposing Sharia law. Other observations I have seen: who knew that Alabamans were so desperate to be father/uncles? Of course what we really need are more inbred morons.

Alabama is pretty much at the bottom in terms of anything good, and at the top when it comes to things that are bad. This is the rural Merika that Caroline says is so superior to our cities. Chicago isn't at all like this. Yes we have a really bad neighborhood but I have never heard of an incest problem.

Good grief. Tell me again why you talk to these people.

• Hero NewsRaker
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 07:02:01 PM »

Online Calypso Jones

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1910
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 09:17:20 PM »
bull shit.  y'all

this is leftist propaganda bullshit.

There are no charges or jail time for the pregnant woman. It's only for the abortionist. 

What a load.  And  you're falling for it.

Offline hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1939
    • View Profile
The quality of life is more important
than life itself"......Alexis Carrel.

Offline hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 05:00:41 AM »

Another lie pepsi.
Not true. At all.

The Alabama measure, though, goes further. In addition to the potential 99-year sentence for performing abortions, doctors face the threat of a 10-year term for attempting to perform one. Women who receive abortions would not be prosecuted.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/14/us/abortion-law-alabama.html]https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/14/us/abortion-law-alabama.html

• Hero NewsRaker
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 10:25:33 PM »
We discovered a second "conservative" value:

Incest.

Offline NotDougRĀ”ch

• Full NewsRaker
  • Liked: 13
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2019, 10:21:09 AM »
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."  - E.F. Schumacher

Online Observer

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1536
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2019, 12:25:18 PM »
What are the legal credentials of the author of this statement?

Do you need to be a lawyer to read the Constitution?
"If Trump wins, I will quit this forum forever on Nov. 9th." - Flyboy the liar.

Offline NotDougRĀ”ch

• Full NewsRaker
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2019, 01:02:59 PM »
To read the constitution, of course not.  But we're not talking about just reading the constitution.  Interpreting and understanding the law properly is a different matter and requires to a proper background, i.e. a law degree at the very least. 

In a similar vein, I believe that a president of this country should have considerable experience in goverment before assuming that office. Likewise, putting family members ahead of more qualified individuals with the proper background in charge of postions that will affect millions of Americans should be prohibited.  It's just common sense.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."  - E.F. Schumacher

Online Calypso Jones

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1910
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2019, 01:44:35 PM »
there's no right to kill the unborn in the constitution no matter how you distort it.   LIFE.....get it. LIFE. 

Offline NotDougRĀ”ch

• Full NewsRaker
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 05:48:21 PM »
there's no right to kill the unborn in the constitution no matter how you distort it.   LIFE.....get it. LIFE.

That's your opinion and nothing more. You are not qualified to interpret constituional law.  The constitution does not promise a right to life. Justice Lewis Powell included a woman's right to choose in the implied intent of the 4th amendment against excessive government intrusion into our personal lives, i.e. "The right of the people to be secure in their persons..."  Those who espouse limited government should be pro-choice.   

Online Observer

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1536
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2019, 05:53:39 PM »
To read the constitution, of course not.  But we're not talking about just reading the constitution.  Interpreting and understanding the law properly is a different matter and requires to a proper background, i.e. a law degree at the very least.

The language used in the Constitution is plain and with very few exceptions, not even a little ambiguous or in need of interpretation. Anyone with a competent command of the English language and a working knowledge of Framers of the Constitution and the debates that led to its final form is as qualified to read, understand and interpret the Constitution as any lawyer or judge in the country... probably more than most.

The best advice I can give you if you really want to learn about the Constitution and what it means is "Don't consult a lawyer. Consult an historian." The reality is most lawyers don't know a damned thing about the Constitution.

"If Trump wins, I will quit this forum forever on Nov. 9th." - Flyboy the liar.

Online Hollybaere

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1033
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2019, 06:55:06 PM »
That's your opinion and nothing more. You are not qualified to interpret constituional law.  The constitution does not promise a right to life. Justice Lewis Powell included a woman's right to choose in the implied intent of the 4th amendment against excessive government intrusion into our personal lives, i.e. "The right of the people to be secure in their persons..."  Those who espouse limited government should be pro-choice.

There is absolutely nothing in the Constitution that allows a woman to murder a baby and or viable fetus.

FYI: You should learn how to spell the word "Constitution" before you are stupid enough to try "instruct" others on how to interpret what is in it.

I will say one thing however, considering the hundreds of choices of methods of birth control, including abstinence, why not use one of them instead of resorting to murder as a way of correcting a dumb choice??
All truth passes through three stages:
First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
ļæ½ ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER (1788-1860)
Dagon is an idiot!!

Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security, Deserve Neither- Benjamin Franklin

Offline hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2019, 10:05:37 PM »
What are the legal credentials of the author of this statement?
Look it up. Many legal scholars believe Roe versus Wade
is terribly flawed.