Author Topic: Imposter  (Read 199 times)

Offline DougRich

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 878
    • View Profile
Imposter
« on: May 07, 2019, 09:14:28 AM »
Hi, folks! I have been away for quite some time - a couple of years, at least. I have been posting on another forum - Observer knows which one, and knows my screen name over there - but thought I would check back in over here and see what is happening.

So you will appreciate my surprise when I saw that someone has been posting as 'DougRich', as recently as a few days ago. I haven't taken the time yet to go back and see what he (?) has been posting, but I can assure you that it wasn't me doing the posting.

I didn't think it was possible for someone to adopt a screen name that was already in use; perhaps my being away so long made it inactive, or what-have-you...but my log-in worked just now, so...I don't know.

If Admin or one of the Mods - you still have those, right? - will contact me, maybe we can get this straightened out.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."  - E.F. Schumacher

Offline DougRich

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
Re: Imposter
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 09:18:41 AM »
Okay, just to clarify - it's the "Junior Newsraker", the one with 96 posts at this point, who is not the genuine article. Admin, Mods...can we do something about this, please?
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."  - E.F. Schumacher

Offline Pepsi

• Administrator
  • Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1666
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 10:00:15 AM »
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I guess, welcome back real dougrich.   

The new dougrich now has display name 'notdougrich'
absolutely nothing will be found.

there is nothing to be found.

Online Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 996
  • Self-absorbed promethean neopelagian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 10:15:11 AM »
Hi, folks! I have been away for quite some time - a couple of years, at least. I have been posting on another forum - Observer knows which one, and knows my screen name over there - but thought I would check back in over here and see what is happening.

So you will appreciate my surprise when I saw that someone has been posting as 'DougRich', as recently as a few days ago. I haven't taken the time yet to go back and see what he (?) has been posting, but I can assure you that it wasn't me doing the posting.

I didn't think it was possible for someone to adopt a screen name that was already in use; perhaps my being away so long made it inactive, or what-have-you...but my log-in worked just now, so...I don't know.

If Admin or one of the Mods - you still have those, right? - will contact me, maybe we can get this straightened out.
--Hello Doug. Thanks for verifying that. It was clear to most (if not all) of us that this goof was just trying to capitalize on your capabilities. Nonetheless, I, for one, appreciate your coming here to call him out personally in front of everyone (just in case there were any doubts).

You've probably realized that the left side of this board is more or less decimated. They pretty much fled en masse (and screaming) after the last presidential election. That's made things pretty boring for the rest of us and I hate to see Pepsi trying to shore up the entire ideology all by himself. Doesn't seem fair. I noticed that notoc checked in for a few days last month. Would have been nice had he stayed around until I got back from spring break, but alas, he just didn't have it in him. I hope you'll come around from time to time for old time's sake. I don't have time to meander around the internet looking for articulate people to argue with. Being a creature of habit, I mostly hang around here hoping some of the old crowd will show up again (I'm looking at you godwulf, etc.)

Please don't be a stranger.

Offline RealityHasALiberalBias

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 892
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 10:29:00 AM »

It had to start recycling usernames because you used the entire universe with all of your socks.

Online Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 996
  • Self-absorbed promethean neopelagian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 10:50:04 AM »
It had to start recycling usernames because you used the entire universe with all of your socks.
--Who's speaking here? RealityHasALiberalBias? Veleity? Maybe it's ProudLiberal? Hard to tell with you BaGuaMonk.

Offline DougRich

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 11:48:50 AM »
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I guess, welcome back real dougrich.   

The new dougrich now has display name 'notdougrich'

"notdougrich" - I like that!   ;D

Thanks, Pepsi.