Author Topic: Ever wondered if your pet would share?  (Read 1345 times)

Online hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1872
    • View Profile
Ever wondered if your pet would share?
« on: February 13, 2016, 04:19:03 PM »
This might seem strange.

I was sharing and giving my dog people food scraps, he was so pleased and ecstatic for the gifts of food I was giving him and suddenly, I wondered....

would he share with me?
The quality of life is more important
than life itself"......Alexis Carrel.

Offline godwulf

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 72
    • View Profile
Re: Ever wondered if your pet would share?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 05:01:42 PM »
I have seen dogs share food with other dogs. Our cats prefer the dogs' water bowl to their own, and the dogs seem to understand and never hassle them about it. Back when we lived elsewhere and didn't fully understand the dangers involved in letting cats roam around outside, we had a few who would go out and kill small animals and bring them back and give them to us. Sharing with family members is something I think most animals do understand.
"I am a white racist pretending to be black." - IM2

Offline IfYouSaySo

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 960
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 04:37:25 AM »
people food

Carolyn Rando, Ph.D., is a forensic anthropologist at the UCL Institute of Archaeology and CASE Academy. One of her favorite topics of research is animal scavengers. So, naturally, we asked her questions about pets eating their owners.

“Yes, your pets will eat you when you die, and perhaps a bit sooner than is comfortable. They tend to go for the neck, face, and any exposed areas first, and then, if not discovered in time, they may proceed to eat the rest of you,” Rando told BuzzFeed over email.

Rando mentions a sordid case that was analyzed in a 1994 study published in the American Journal of Forensic Medicine & Pathology. The case involves a middle-aged woman who got too drunk and passed out. Her dog, a red setter, had started biting her face while she was unconscious. She later died, but the dog couldn’t even wait a whole day to munch on his owner — and started chewing on her face within 16 hours of the woman last being seen alive.

Unlike wild animals, there’s usually a “waiting period” before a domesticated dog will ravish your body. But Rando said that didn’t happen in a tragic case discussed in a 1997 study published in Forensic Science International.

A young man in his early thirties committed suicide by shooting himself in the head. “Within approximately 45 minutes of the shot, police arrived on scene,” she said. The police found dog food and a rather friendly German shepherd who readily went with them.

And then this story gets even more gruesome. Within a few minutes, the dog began vomiting the remains of its owner, which included skin and hair. “The gunshot upset the animal, causing it to panic somewhat. The dog likely went up to its owner, looking for ‘comfort’… and then with the blood… well, it probably couldn’t help itself,” she said.

Rando references another case in the American Journal of Forensic Medicine & Pathology study, but this time it involves a horde of cats. She said, “This one is so sad: It quite upsets me!”

Again, it involves a man in his early thirties who committed suicide. When he was found three days later, his head, neck, and part of his arm were completely defleshed. “Right down to the bone,” she said. But here’s the weird thing: He had 10 cats, and all of them had died too. Apparently, he overdosed on prescription medicine. When his cats feasted on his face and body, they also died of poisoning.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/natashaumer/cats-eat-your-face-after-you-die
"If straight couples get to have undiluted custody of such a child, so should gay couples." - Mornac

Offline Lt. Columbo

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 646
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 02:33:39 PM »
Internet's most asinine ever thread topic.

Offline IfYouSaySo

• Hero NewsRaker
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 02:40:34 PM »
"people food"
"If straight couples get to have undiluted custody of such a child, so should gay couples." - Mornac

Online hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1872
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 09:10:07 PM »

and yet here you are flyboy, with one of your flunkies......ifyousayso.

nice.
The quality of life is more important
than life itself"......Alexis Carrel.

Offline IfYouSaySo

• Hero NewsRaker
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 09:35:02 PM »
"people food"

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Coconut

• Newbie NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 11:16:55 PM »
I think that is a great thing.