Author Topic: Trump Grounds Boeing Max  (Read 60 times)

Online PMF2

• Sr. NewsRaker
  • Liked: 257
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
Trump Grounds Boeing Max
« on: March 13, 2019, 04:26:56 PM »
I can't say I'm surprised. How much will this affect air travel, do you suppose?

U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that the United States was going to order the grounding of all Boeing Co 737 MAX 8 and MAX 9 aircraft after a crash in Ethiopia that killed 157 people after rising pressure from U.S. lawmakers and others to join regulators around the world.

"We are going to be issuing an emergency order of prohibition to ground all flights of the 737 MAX 8 and the 737 MAX 9 and planes associated with that line," Trump told reporters at the White House.

The Federal Aviation Administration held urgent meetings on Wednesday on the issue after Canada announced it become the last major country to ground the flight after two fatal crashes since October. The FAA notified airlines minutes before Trump made the announcement.

United Airlines, American Airlines and Southwest Airlines Co all fly versions of the 737 MAX.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-u-ground-boeing-737-max-8s-184454802--finance.html

Online Pepsi

• Administrator
  • Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1639
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Grounds Boeing Max
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 06:18:11 PM »
one show I really enjoy is Air Craft Investigations.   Wth condolences to the deceased I do look forward to the future episode on this. 
absolutely nothing will be found.

there is nothing to be found.

Online PMF2

• Sr. NewsRaker
  • Liked: 257
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 06:56:44 PM »
one show I really enjoy is Air Craft Investigations.   Wth condolences to the deceased I do look forward to the future episode on this.

Boeing is all about the money. A few years ago they were crying that the Pentagon chose Northrup for an 80B$ contract. But, even then, Boeing was producing lower quality at outrageous prices.

No guarantee of course, that the jets crashed as a result of Boeing's lax ethics -- but Boeing workers have complained -- and their complaints went unheeded.

If we find out Boeing execs KNEW there was a problem that could cause the planes to crash but didn't want to fix it due to the cost -- I think we need to follow China's example when the CEO of the dog food company knew the food was killing dogs but didn't stop it. We need to execute.

Online Pepsi

• Administrator
  • Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 12:05:31 PM »
A software fix to the Boeing 737 MAX was delayed for months as discussions between regulators and Boeing dragged on—and U.S. officials said the government shutdown halted work on the fix for five weeks.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/boeing-to-make-key-change-in-max-cockpit-software-11552413489

'I Will Shut Down The Government'
~Donald Trump

Chances of Trump admitting his shutdown of the federal government delayed fixing this issue by 5 weeks: zero

Online Pepsi

• Administrator
  • Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 12:07:41 PM »
Trump hasn't nominated a permanent head of the FAA since Congress rejected his attempt to install his personal pilot there; all of the heads right now are temporary acting administrators.

.. would be nice if we had a functioning federal government

Online Pepsi

• Administrator
  • Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 12:08:48 PM »
from the archives..

In Pushing His Personal Pilot For FAA, Trump Shows Disregard For Air Safety

There is no reason to believe that Capt. John Dunkin isn’t a capable pilot and a genuinely nice guy. But President Trump does his friend no service by putting him forward as a candidate to lead the Federal Aviation Administration which is being reported in several publications this week. If the stories are correct, it is the second time Donald Trump has suggested his personal pilot has the right stuff to lead the most influential air safety organization in the world.

The FAA not only regulates all U.S. airlines but foreign carriers that fly into America. It oversees one of the world’s largest communities of general aviation from recreational aircraft to business and corporate jet operations. The FAA regulates how planes are constructed, maintained and repaired and how they will fly so they remain safely separated in increasingly crowded airspace. The FAA keeps an eye on hundreds of thousands of sport and commercial drone operators. And if you see someone working at an airport or in an airplane, there’s a good chance the FAA had something to do with their education, training and licensing.

If the agency’s immense portfolio comes as a surprise to some, that’s because aviation is so safe in the U.S., its work is taken for granted.

So it should be obvious that being a pilot, even a great pilot, as Trump proclaims Dunkin to be, is not enough to lead the FAA.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christinenegroni/2018/02/27/in-pushing-his-personal-pilot-for-faa-trump-shows-disregard-for-air-safety/#41c5bab46cac