Author Topic: Your forum has become unreadable and insufferable  (Read 696 times)

Online RealityHasALiberalBias

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 973
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
Your forum has become unreadable and insufferable
« on: February 16, 2019, 01:18:49 PM »
Can we have a sane liberal only subforum, free from right wing cult garbage?

You would need to block the morons. If you want to block me from their garbage I have no problem. In fact I have them all on ignore.

Thank you.

Offline Calypso Jones

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 2579
    • View Profile
Re: Your forum has become unreadable and insufferable
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 01:31:26 PM »
Hi sugarbritches.  I knew you were there.    ;D
Orangeman 2020

and Epstein didn't kill himself

Ciarmella, Ciarmella, Men have named you.

Offline Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1221
  • Self-absorbed promethean neopelagian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 07:57:41 PM »
--I'd have no objection - as long as the liberals came out of their self-imposed segregation from time to time to engage the others here. Your biggest problem at the moment is that there are next to no liberals left here, having all fled since the last presidential election. I find that peculiar. I for one would like them all to come out of hiding. They have nothing to fear from me (unless they have a problem with reason).

You would need to block the morons. If you want to block me from their garbage I have no problem. In fact I have them all on ignore.

Thank you.
--A first rate example of liberal tolerance and diversity.

Thank you, BaGua.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 08:47:29 PM by Mornac »

Offline PMF2

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 346
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 06:12:28 AM »

You had one over at DemocratsForProgress -- that ridiculously tiny forum populated with some of the most hateful posters around. It went under. Maybe Peps will give you a "liberal only" subforum, but you'll soon tire of it, since thinking persons would not frequent nor comment on the moronic topics.

Thank you.

WTH? Can you not control yourself enough to monitor your own reading selections? You need someone else to block you? Or, to block others from what you post?

What happened to you? You used to be a thinking individual who made good sense. Now, you've joined the ranks of the far-Left extremists who hate anyone with a different point of view.

What you asked for in this thread indicates your need to silence others.

That's not liberal, in nature. That's hateful and divisive. What you don't seem to understand is that YOU and your ilk are the ones who led to the election of Trump. You created an untenable atmosphere that allowed Trump to rise. And, you still haven't learned your lesson.

Unbelievable.

Offline SpaceCadet

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 301
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 11:56:23 AM »

Thank you.

Start a liberal forum of your own.  I don't think Pepsi would do it, nor would he invest enough time to police it.

For myself, I'm no longer participating in these things, for a couple of reasons.  I think a liberal only forum would be very boring, but at the same time I no longer have any desire to deal with these right-wing crazies. 

I also had a very major, very rough surgery a little over a month ago to have an abdominal aortic aneurysm repaired, right around my kidneys.  I'm still recovering from it.  They had to cut me wide open, move my internal organs out of the way, clamp off the aorta above and below the kidneys, and cut out and replace the weak section of the aorta at the point just above where it branches off into the legs.  It was serious enough that it has refocused me toward what is important in life, and away from what is not.

I don't have an answer for my former reason for ceasing participation, except to just stop.  If this were my forum, I think I would just shut it down and go on with my life, because they have completely overrun it with their stupidity and it is now just one more avenue for them to spread their bullshit in an unrestrained manner.

Take care, and au revoir.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 12:28:21 PM by SpaceCadet »

Offline Hollybaere

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1206
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 01:14:02 PM »
Start a liberal forum of your own.  I don't think Pepsi would do it, nor would he invest enough time to police it.

For myself, I'm no longer participating in these things, for a couple of reasons.  I think a liberal only forum would be very boring, but at the same time I no longer have any desire to deal with these right-wing crazies. 

I also had a very major, very rough surgery a little over a month ago to have an abdominal aortic aneurysm repaired, right around my kidneys.  I'm still recovering from it.  They had to cut me wide open, move my internal organs out of the way, clamp off the aorta above and below the kidneys, and cut out and replace the weak section of the aorta at the point just above where it branches off into the legs.  It was serious enough that it has refocused me toward what is important in life, and away from what is not.

I don't have an answer for my former reason for ceasing participation, except to just stop.  If this were my forum, I think I would just shut it down and go on with my life, because they have completely overrun it with their stupidity and it is now just one more avenue for them to spread their bullshit in an unrestrained manner.

Gee Spacey, sorry to hear about your illness. I wish you a speedy recovery.  ;)
All truth passes through three stages:
First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
� ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER (1788-1860)
Dagon is an idiot!!

Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security, Deserve Neither- Benjamin Franklin

Trust In The Plan - Q

WW1WGA

Offline PMF2

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 346
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 02:13:35 PM »

Ouch! That's a rough one! I hope you're on the mend now and that you'll never experience anything like that again.

Peps isn't an extremist. He leans left, but he's also a very bright individual who values other opinions. He's run this forum for a very long time, and he's done a great job of stepping aside, even when his own opinions were being challenged, in order to be fair. Whereas some posters get so fired up when someone challenges them -- they fly into a rage -- Peps doesn't take it personal. I've been here off and on from the very beginning -- when he created it as an alternative to NoPC, and I, too, take breaks -- sometimes for years. With the trauma you recently suffered, it's no wonder you're reassessing your priorities and pushing political debate to the background. That makes sense to me.

Enjoy your break. Come back if you like -- or not. But, have a good life.

Online RealityHasALiberalBias

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 973
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2019, 02:47:33 PM »

Speedy recovery.

I would participate in the subforum I suggested. I cannot speak for Pepsi or anyone else. I don't find rational discussion to be boring. Quite the contrary,.it's the morons here who are pointless and boring. 

As for what Pepsi does, he does and at the end of the day I don't care a whole lot what happens to the cult followers.

Offline Hollybaere

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1206
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2019, 04:01:47 PM »
Speedy recovery.

I would participate in the subforum I suggested. I cannot speak for Pepsi or anyone else. I don't find rational discussion to be boring. Quite the contrary,.it's the morons here who are pointless and boring. 

As for what Pepsi does, he does and at the end of the day I don't care a whole lot what happens to the cult followers.

You are hard pressed to find people to agree with you, so now you are having a hissy fit? You are entitled to your opinion.

But please, do yourself a favor and try basing your opinion on fact instead of emotion.

You had to know that there would be no Russian collusion found. You had to know that there would be no impeachment. So rather than admit to your mistakes, you want to run off and bury your head in the sand with your little "subforum".

It's going to be a very hard 5 1/2 more years for you.

All truth passes through three stages:
First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
� ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER (1788-1860)
Dagon is an idiot!!

Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security, Deserve Neither- Benjamin Franklin

Trust In The Plan - Q

WW1WGA

Offline Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1221
  • Self-absorbed promethean neopelagian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2019, 04:58:51 PM »
Start a liberal forum of your own.
--Only problem with that is that I wouldn't be invited.

I don't think Pepsi would do it, nor would he invest enough time to police it.
--Nor should he as far as I'm concerned. Pity we can't drum up a little more opposing interest here. Pepsi's been put in the awkward position of hosting one of the most conservative forums on the internet.

For myself, I'm no longer participating in these things, for a couple of reasons.  I think a liberal only forum would be very boring,
--I think any one-sided forum would be boring. Just look what goes on around here currently.

but at the same time I no longer have any desire to deal with these right-wing crazies.
--If you don't have the desire to deal with a particular entity then by all means you should withdraw.   

--Sorry to hear that. My wife had an aortic repair done about 15 years ago. It dissected while she was on the operating table and nearly killed her. They had to repair it from end to end and she lost circulation to her legs for several hours which caused permanent nerve damage to her feet. She can no longer wear anything more substantial on her feet than flip-flops. It hasn't diminished the importance of social dialogue for her though.

--I'm always up for an intelligent conversation. Not too many takers these days, but I'm here if any one ever feels up to it.

--Au revoir implies we'll be seeing you again. That's fine by me. Try to bring some friends with you though upon your return.

Offline Calypso Jones

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 2579
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2019, 04:59:24 PM »
Dear Space.  Sorry to hear about your recent ill health.  I'm glad they found the problem and repaired it.  Many happy years to come.   
Orangeman 2020

and Epstein didn't kill himself

Ciarmella, Ciarmella, Men have named you.