Author Topic: We're Even, Senator McCain  (Read 248 times)

Online Calypso Jones

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 786
    • View Profile
We're Even, Senator McCain
« on: May 17, 2018, 12:50:23 PM »
We're Even

... I’ve been thinking a lot about how much respect and restraint is due John McCain in his dying days and in the days immediately following his death. Here’s what I’ve concluded: not much. This post is not about denigrating him. It’s about declaring a debt paid. It’s about the Right’s freedom from any further obligation to a senator who has been justly compensated over a lifetime. Please tell me if we can stipulate the following assertions:
 3. McCain has continued that regular practice in his dying days, even going so far as to settle scores with his enemies in his own party. We get it, sir, you don’t like us very much. Point taken.

4. McCain generally held his fire against then-Senator Barack Obama in the 2008 general election campaign, even going so far as to denounce Republicans who ran ads about Obama’s extreme anti-American pastor Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

5. McCain voted against the Bush tax cut; co-sponsored the unconstitutional campaign finance reform bill; supported immigration amnesty; and killed Republicans’ last chance at Obamacare repeal.

To the extent that we can stipulate these assertions as facts, I hereby free the Right from the obligation to praise John McCain. I further free the Right from their vow of silence over McCain’s history of abusing anyone and everyone on the Right who disagrees with him. John McCain has been amply compensated for his honorable military service during the Vietnam War. The Right has paid its debt to him. We’re even.

Thinking back to the 2000 election:   His bitter response against a certain bloc who he perceived as having voted against him totally turned me off against him (FWIW, I voted for Alan Keyes in that primary, so Bush wasn't my horse in that race, either).

McCain-Feingold, mentioned but not named in point #5, cemented my understanding of McCain, and his Gang of 14 shivving of President Bush and his conservative court nominees hardened that cement.

I saw myself as "even" or overpaid 10 years ago. He subjugated the interests of the US to exacting revenge for his failed self-aggrandizement and lashing out at people who he blames for his failures and those who succeeded where he failed.

If he gave half a damn about the people of Arizona he supposedly represents he would have resigned as soon as practical after receiving his terminal diagnosis, so that the Governor of Arizona could appoint some one who was able to represent the people of Arizona and possibly get a leg up in Senate seniority over Senators new to the Senate in 2019.

But McCain is bitter, hateful, and self-serving to the end.

Offline Julia

• Sr. NewsRaker
  • Liked: 87
    • View Profile
Re: We're Even, Senator McCain
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 05:38:49 PM »
Much of what is posted by the username that started this thread is some of the most vile and reprehensible stuff I have seen on the internet.
In a democracy it is your vote that counts.
In feudalism it is your count that votes.

Online Observer

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1366
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 09:18:58 PM »
Is that somehow relevant to this thread?
"If Trump wins, I will quit this forum forever on Nov. 9th." - Flyboy the liar.

Online RealityHasALiberalBias

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 828
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 08:53:17 AM »
Much of what is posted by the username that started this thread is some of the most vile and reprehensible stuff I have seen on the internet.

Agreed. Caroline is evil.

Her tactic to cloak her ugly, malicious racism in that sweet and innocent affectation elevates her evil to the next level.

Thank you for calling it out.

Offline Steve McGarrett

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 567
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 11:58:27 AM »
Whose quote was that?  Whose response to the quote is that?  It's very confusing when a forum member disregards the rules and ignores attribution. 

" 5. McCain voted against the Bush tax cut; co-sponsored the unconstitutional campaign finance reform bill; supported immigration amnesty; and killed Republicans’ last chance at Obamacare repeal."

Campaign finance reform?  amnesty?  keeping people insured?  Sounds like a pretty decent guy to me, and a heckuva good Christian.  Let me explain bimbo.  This country welcomes immigrants; they are our strength and set us apart from 3rd world countries.  And the "right to life" includes a right to health care to maintain that life.  McCain was a bonafide war hero, declining an offer of freedom to remain with his men in Vietnam.  Praise Cadet Bone Spurs all you want.  It's just hollow.   ::)

• Hero NewsRaker
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 12:24:17 PM »
Whose quote was that?  Whose response to the quote is that?  It's very confusing when a forum member disregards the rules and ignores attribution. 

" 5. McCain voted against the Bush tax cut; co-sponsored the unconstitutional campaign finance reform bill; supported immigration amnesty; and killed Republicans’ last chance at Obamacare repeal."

Campaign finance reform?  amnesty?  keeping people insured?  Sounds like a pretty decent guy to me, and a heckuva good Christian.  Let me explain bimbo.  This country welcomes immigrants; they are our strength and set us apart from 3rd world countries.  And the "right to life" includes a right to health care to maintain that life.  McCain was a bonafide war hero, declining an offer of freedom to remain with his men in Vietnam.  Praise Cadet Bone Spurs all you want.  It's just hollow.   ::)

And they have the nerve to claim that they're honest and righteous and holding the high ground, as if they're actually fooling anyone but themselves.

"Conservatives" are trash. I know I cast a wide net on that one but these fuckers are so atrocious and so miserable that anyone not condemning them is trash too. It has come to that. So this includes Poseurver who comes here to huff and puff, has never espoused any of the #fakepresident cult bullshit per se, but never ever has the integrity to denounce it either.

There was a time when that wasn't true, but Poseurver has not aged well.

Offline Julia

• Sr. NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 01:58:02 PM »
Is that somehow relevant to this thread?

Yes.

It is vile and reprehensible, as is most of what is posted by the username.

Online hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1242
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 02:03:12 PM »

https://ricochet.com/517609/were-even-senator-mccain/
"Where your're gonna go, where you're gonnna run, where you're gonna hide? Nowhere... 'cause there's no one like you left."

Online Hollybaere

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 692
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 04:03:01 PM »
Yes.

It is vile and reprehensible, as is most of what is posted by the username.

Oh, and you think what RHLB posts is just fine and dandy?? Right?? Especially, when he tells those who won't agree with his insanity to, "F**K off and die!".

Please, as long as you are making accusations, list some of these "vile and reprehensible" posts. Let's see what you believe is so "vile and reprehensible".
All truth passes through three stages:
First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
� ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER (1788-1860)
Dagon is an idiot!!

Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security, Deserve Neither- Benjamin Franklin

Online hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1242
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 07:34:30 PM »
Oh, and you think what RHLB posts is just fine and dandy?? Right?? Especially, when he tells those who won't agree with his insanity to, "F**K off and die!".

Please, as long as you are making accusations, list some of these "vile and reprehensible" posts. Let's see what you believe is so "vile and reprehensible".

I think "Julia" is libass's pretend "girlfriend"...
"Where your're gonna go, where you're gonnna run, where you're gonna hide? Nowhere... 'cause there's no one like you left."

Online Hollybaere

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2018, 07:35:48 PM »

Naw..... It's probably his sister! Lol!!
First, it is ridiculed.
Dagon is an idiot!!

Offline Julia

• Sr. NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2018, 07:42:40 PM »

I already said "most of" and "much of" the posts made by that user name. Assume that means at least 80% of everything posted...including the OP of this thread.

Offline Julia

• Sr. NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 07:44:32 PM »

Naw..... It's probably his sister! Lol!!

Oh my gosh!
You two are so funny I forgot to laugh...  ::)

Online Hollybaere

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2018, 08:25:17 PM »
I already said "most of" and "much of" the posts made by that user name. Assume that means at least 80% of everything posted...including the OP of this thread.

Well, let's see some examples. You are the one making the accusation.

Or are you going to wimp out now??
First, it is ridiculed.
Dagon is an idiot!!

• Hero NewsRaker
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2018, 08:56:46 PM »

There.is nothing wrong with telling racists, anti-Semites, and pathological liars to fuck off + die. It is rewarding to see them whine about it.