Author Topic: Oberserver  (Read 5875 times)

Massena12

Oberserver
« on: February 07, 2010, 05:44:30 AM »
I think you should give everyone an opportunity to wish Ronald Reagan a Happy Birthday..I know it annoyed me when  I found that thread locked...
I think it was unnecessary  to lock that thread.

If people  get nasty then deal with it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 05:50:13 AM by Massena12 »

Offline ivanm

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 401
    • View Profile
Re: Oberserver
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 08:14:41 AM »
I think you should give everyone an opportunity to wish Ronald Reagan a Happy Birthday..I know it annoyed me when  I found that thread locked...
I think it was unnecessary  to lock that thread.

If people  get nasty then deal with it.
You can bet they will get nasty.  This place has become a den of jackals.

Observer is trying to preserve a modicum of respect for a man who had done a lot for this country.  His efforts were instrumental in bringing the Cold War to a close.

I suspect my hard nosed attitude is getting pretty old to some of you, but take a look at your own behavior and attitude before dissing mine.  Is it fashionable to be rude or to defy traditional mores or to challenge each and everything decent we have worked so long to create?

I realize that our social and economic orders are something less than utopian but show me a place or country where they are. Relative to the cesspool countries America is still a very nice place to live and to work.  The traditional standards and methods have served millions upon millions of us but that isn't good enough for the late comers.

What is there problem anyway?  If the fact that most people must work long and hard for decades to get on top bothers them then just be a damned mongrel bum living under a viaduct somewhere.  Just don't do it at my expense.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 08:27:30 AM by ivanm »

makesenseplease

Re: Observer
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 08:38:21 AM »

Unless he shuts the entire forum down, there is absolutely nothing Observer can do to stop anyone from wishing Ronald Reagan a happy birthday. :-X

Offline nraforlife

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 73
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 09:12:05 AM »
.......................  This place has become a den of jackals.

Poopsie set this place up AS a den for jackals, jackals who think themselves progressive. In a similar manner, NOPC a one time libertarian forum has been turned into a pen for neoconned sheeple under the malignant oversight of Mrs Obie. Meanwhile America is destroyed by the common master of both whose name is never to be spoken.

Online Hollybaere

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1051
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 09:33:14 AM »
Who locked the thread anyway?
All truth passes through three stages:
First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
� ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER (1788-1860)
Dagon is an idiot!!

Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security, Deserve Neither- Benjamin Franklin

Massena12

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 10:49:38 AM »
You can bet they will get nasty.  This place has become a den of jackals.

Observer is trying to preserve a modicum of respect for a man who had done a lot for this country.  His efforts were instrumental in bringing the Cold War to a close.

I suspect my hard nosed attitude is getting pretty old to some of you, but take a look at your own behavior and attitude before dissing mine.  Is it fashionable to be rude or to defy traditional mores or to challenge each and everything decent we have worked so long to create?

I realize that our social and economic orders are something less than utopian but show me a place or country where they are. Relative to the cesspool countries America is still a very nice place to live and to work.  The traditional standards and methods have served millions upon millions of us but that isn't good enough for the late comers.

What is there problem anyway?  If the fact that most people must work long and hard for decades to get on top bothers them then just be a damned mongrel bum living under a viaduct somewhere.  Just don't do it at my expense.

Well perhaps Observer was right when he wrote:" Because if it wasn't, we would have certain people on the forum defecating all over it.
If they want to knock President Reagan on his 99th birthday, let them start a thread for it...
".
BTW IVAM what the hell are you talking about...If you want to rant and rave you should follow Observers advice from the original thread he started about Reagan  and start you own thread.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 10:52:30 AM by Massena12 »

Online Pepsi

• Administrator
  • Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1669
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 11:10:57 AM »
conservatives make fun of Obama supporters, who they claim look up to him as a "messiah".  Personally I think Reagan is more of a god to the conservatives than Obama ever was to the liberals.
absolutely nothing will be found.

there is nothing to be found.

Massena12

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 11:13:01 AM »
conservatives make fun of Obama supporters, who they claim look up to him as a "messiah".  Personally I think Reagan is more of a god to the conservatives than Obama ever was to the liberals.

LOL You're probably right Reagan is my hero...But so was Nixon but I recovered from that.

Re:
 Personally I think Reagan is more of a god to the conservatives than Obama ever was to the liberals.

Especially now!!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 11:17:32 AM by Massena12 »

makesenseplease

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 11:40:13 AM »
conservatives make fun of Obama supporters, who they claim look up to him as a "messiah".  Personally I think Reagan is more of a god to the conservatives than Obama ever was to the liberals.

With mid-terms on the horizon, I personally think Obama will prove to be a GODSEND for the conservatives.

stacy adams

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 12:17:53 PM »

Right.  The GOP's unofficial theme for the 2008 primaries was, "What Would Reagan Do?"  It was funny watching Romney and the other wannabes invoking their deity every five minutes. 

On the other hand, Paul Wellstone is who many grassroots leftists regard as the liberal standard-bearer, and Democrat leadership hardly follows his example.

Offline ivanm

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
Re: Observer
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 12:46:40 PM »

Unless he shuts the entire forum down, there is absolutely nothing Observer can do to stop anyone from wishing Ronald Reagan a happy birthday. :-X
I don't think he was intending to do that.  Could be he was wanting to protect Reagan's memory from a bunch of loser Marxists. You see the pro Marxists in Russia got their asses kicked, compliments of Ronny.

Offline ivanm

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 12:48:52 PM »
With mid-terms on the horizon, I personally think Obama will prove to be a GODSEND for the conservatives.
I saw  an estimate that the Dems will lose 28 seats.  Huraah! Go get em Sarah.  She may not be presidential material but her mouth sure can make life miserable for the Marxists.

johnhp

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 01:36:28 PM »
Does anyone really care about Ronald Reagan?  The actual dead person, i mean, not the idol constructed by the right. 

It seems to me that the Reaganaughts are actually afraid of discussing his policies.

Offline ivanm

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 01:41:31 PM »
LOL You're probably right Reagan is my hero...But so was Nixon but I recovered from that.

Re:
 Personally I think Reagan is more of a god to the conservatives than Obama ever was to the liberals.

Especially now!!
There is a difference. Reagan had what it took to be a leader?  All Obama has is a big mouth.

Offline ivanm

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 01:42:42 PM »
Does anyone really care about Ronald Reagan?  The actual dead person, i mean, not the idol constructed by the right. 

It seems to me that the Reaganaughts are actually afraid of discussing his policies.
Sure they are, as in the end of the cold war.