Author Topic: I now agree with Cheney: Snowden is a traitor  (Read 1100 times)

Online Pepsi

• Administrator
  • Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1650
    • View Profile
I now agree with Cheney: Snowden is a traitor
« on: March 23, 2014, 10:00:27 PM »
It's high time for this guy to come home and face Justice...

U.S. Intelligence Officials Believe Snowden Is Working With Russia, Lawmaker Says

WASHINGTON — A top congressional intelligence official said on Sunday that American counterintelligence officials are virtually unanimous in believing that Edward J. Snowden is “under the influence of Russian intelligence services.”

That suggestion came from Representative Mike Rogers, the Michigan Republican who is chairman of the Intelligence Committee.

Mr. Rogers had previously raised the possibility that Mr. Snowden, the former National Security Agency contractor, might be working for Russia, though the congressman has yet to offer any evidence. His assertions on Sunday, however, were his most sweeping to date.

“Every counterintelligence official believes that,” Mr. Rogers said on the NBC News program “Meet the Press.” “You won’t find one that doesn’t believe today he’s under the influence of Russian intelligence services.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/24/us/politics/us-intelligence-officials-believe-snowden-is-working-with-russia-lawmaker-says.html?_r=0
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:03:22 PM by Pepsi »
absolutely nothing will be found.

there is nothing to be found.

Online Pepsi

• Administrator
  • Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
re: I now agree with Cheney: Snowden is a traitor
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 10:03:09 PM »
In our ongoing cyber war with China, Snowden is now clearly on the Chinese side.   This is messed up - in the context that the Chinese have been doing this to us systematically for years.

Latest Snowden Allegations: NSA Hacks Huawei

The National Security Administration hacked Chinese networking giant Huawei and apparently gained access to the company’s source code, according to documents seen by The New York Times and the German publication Spiegel Online.

These latest leaked documents indicate that the NSA began an operation called “Shotgiant” against Huawei, the world’s second largest supplier of networking equipment behind U.S.-based Cisco Systems.

The U.S. has long been concerned that Huawei’s products were being used as a Trojan Horse enabling the Chinese government to spy on the networking company’s customers. Now, it appears that the U.S. government simply cut out the middleman in its own efforts to monitor the goings on around Huawei.

Not only did the U.S. security agency manage to intercept emails, but it also gained access to the company’s source code of specific products, according to the Spiegel report. That’s the crown jewels of any tech company — laid bare by America’s technology espionage apparatus.

Luckily for concerned netizens and corporations a spokeswoman for the U.S. assured the Times that any spying was only done for national security purposes.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/03/23/latest-snowden-allegations-nsa-hacks-huawei/

Offline DougRich

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 873
    • View Profile
Re: I now agree with Cheney: Snowden is a traitor
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 12:53:39 AM »
Should I ever be shown evidence that Mr. Snowden's revelations have resulted in the death or imprisonment of any U.S. or allied intelligence agent or source, I might change my opinion...but for right now, I am more inclined to give the man a medal than an indictment.  He has embarrassed and discomfited innumerable U.S. officials and functionaries, and brought many crimes and unscrupulous dealings out into the light - which should warm the hearts of all honest citizens.   
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."  - E.F. Schumacher

Offline ivanm

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 401
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 08:42:58 AM »
I think the CIA needs to send a hit man after the sucker.

Until I am personally harmed by the NSA I will give them a medal too.  National security comes first and it doesn't come cheap.

Offline FeydRatha

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 272
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 09:30:50 AM »
I think the CIA needs to send a hit man after the sucker.

Until I am personally harmed by the NSA I will give them a medal too.  National security comes first and it doesn't come cheap.

Not sure I go quite that far but certainly I lean that way. From what I knkw of the NSA it has a certain institutional culture that is less than ideal, but probably unavoidable.

"National security does not come cheap" is IMHO the most subtle insight I have seen from you. That does objectively cut to the chase of the issue and the fact of the matter is that Snowden or o Snowden we do not and cannot know all the facts.

If you can get through Bamford's books, which are held in high esteem, not even people in the NSA itself know.

Offline DougRich

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 09:47:09 AM »
I'm not scared of being spied on, I am not doing anything to get arrested for.

Do you have curtains on your windows?  Why?
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."  - E.F. Schumacher

Online Observer

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1452
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 05:39:01 PM »
The question makes excellent sense in the context of this discussion.
"If Trump wins, I will quit this forum forever on Nov. 9th." - Flyboy the liar.

Offline DougRich

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 07:18:45 PM »
The NSA's so-called "metadata collection" program has, to its credit, caught as many potential terrorists as the TSA's screening operations at American airports.

Of course that number is zero, but still...

Online Observer

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1452
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 08:29:38 PM »
It would not be coming to an end if Snowden had not brought it into the light.

If Obama really wanted to end it, he could do it today. Why is he dragging his feet?
"If Trump wins, I will quit this forum forever on Nov. 9th." - Flyboy the liar.

Online Pepsi

• Administrator
  • Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 10:22:57 PM »
For the record I was right about Snowden all along.