Author Topic: Gun stocks banned  (Read 852 times)

Offline Lt. Columbo

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 642
    • View Profile
Re: Gun stocks banned
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 10:26:31 AM »
How moronic. Yes you can. No one is deprived of their individual choice.

If heroin and cocaine were legal and freely available everywhere, would the incidence of addiction rise or fall?

If the number of guns were halved in this country, would the number of shootings rise or fall?

You are the moron, with your perverse love crush for an inanimate object.  Why not dump it for a socket wrench or juice blender?   Does it make you feel like a man to love guns?   

Once again, your way is an Epic Fail.  Mental health is not an exact science.  Predicting who is likely to become a mass shooter is near to impossible.  Doing nothing, your non-solution, does nothing but maintain the status quo.  You are content with massacres every few months.  You're willing to accept that lifestyle.  Unless your kid were killed in Florida, then you'd change your opinion.  But it wasn't your kid, so you don't care.  You have no empathy gene.  It is impossible for you and your ilk to imagine yourself in another's unfortunate position.  That's what being a Neo-con is all about.   
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 10:31:13 AM by Steve McGarrett »

Online Hollybaere

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 845
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 10:38:23 AM »
If heroin and cocaine were legal and freely available everywhere, would the incidence of addiction rise or fall?

I doubt if it would change very much. It's still a personal choice to do it or not.

If the number of guns were halved in this country, would the number of shootings rise or fall?

If the number of guns were halved in this country, I doubt highly if the number of shootings would fall. Seeing that most shootings are done by criminals who don't follow the existing laws anyway. Are you conveniently forgetting that mass shootings take place in "Gun Free Zones"??

You Libby idiots are living in a dream world when you foolishly believe that taking guns from law abiding owners would all of a sudden make the criminals follow the law.

You are the moron, with your perverse love crush for an inanimate object.  Why not dump it for a socket wrench or juice blender?   Does it make you feel like a man to love guns?   

Then again, gun ownership is a personal choice. There are many reasons for a person to want to own a gun, a "love crush" is hardly one of them. There are many women who also own guns. Do you really believe that they want to "feel like an man"??

This just shows your ignorance. More hammers have killed more people than guns, should we ban them??
All truth passes through three stages:
First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
� ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER (1788-1860)
Dagon is an idiot!!

Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security, Deserve Neither- Benjamin Franklin

Online Katsrdelicious

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 175
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 10:54:53 AM »

Once again, your way is an Epic Fail.  Mental health is not an exact science.  Predicting who is likely to become a mass shooter is near to impossible.  Doing nothing, your non-solution, does nothing but maintain the status quo.  You are content with massacres every few months.  You're willing to accept that lifestyle.  Unless your kid were killed in Florida, then you'd change your opinion.  But it wasn't your kid, so you don't care.  You have no empathy gene.  It is impossible for you and your ilk to imagine yourself in another's unfortunate position.  That's what being a Neo-con is all about.
I have no more a love for my guns than I do any of my hammers. I do appreciate a fine tool though.

My response was addressing where you place the blame and as usual you lack a sensible perspective. Then in response you then feel compelled to address my moral rooting. You do not know me on any personal basis and have absolutely nothing to go by to assess why I see things the way I do or what my response would be to incident.

By any rational, your suggested solution would require years before there would be any true impact. Shove your piety up your ass

With or without your college degree (and on the basis of your own words used here) you've shown yourself to be an absolute moron with the emotional maturity of a 12 year old.

Online RealityHasALiberalBias

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 890
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2018, 10:58:00 AM »

All indications are that fewer guns means fewer gun deaths. The odds of using guns in self defense are diminimus. A lot of people have an unfounded belief that they're Batman. If you own a gun it is thousands of times more likely to be used against you or your loved ones than in self defense.

But since the NRA has bought off Republicans and some Democrats to the point where they have suppressed CDC research, we don't have real good evidence of any of this. So then these fuckers go around saying we don't have good evidence.

This is how these cult fuckers roll.

• Hero NewsRaker
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2018, 11:00:05 AM »
I have no more a love for my guns than I do any of my hammers.

Then you're open to the idea of banning "tools" that have no use other than to murder a lot of people in a very short period of time.

Online Katsrdelicious

• Hero NewsRaker
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2018, 11:25:41 AM »
Then you're open to the idea of banning "tools" that have no use other than to murder a lot of people in a very short period of time.
You are wrong in your assumption so therefore it is a non sequitur question.

Online Observer

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1401
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2018, 12:15:32 PM »
Velleity, poor fellow, lost his mind years ago.

He hasn't been right in the head since Gore lost the election.
"If Trump wins, I will quit this forum forever on Nov. 9th." - Flyboy the liar.

• Hero NewsRaker
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2018, 02:23:35 PM »
You are wrong in your assumption so therefore it is a non sequitur question.

What assumption? What non-sequitur?

Are you trying to say that you're in favor of a tool that has no purpose other than to murder a lot of people as quickly as possible?

If so then I stand corrected.

Your not showing well for the uneducated.

Online Observer

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2018, 02:33:10 PM »

Are you trying to say that you're in favor of a tool that has no purpose other than to murder a lot of people as quickly as possible?

What tool would that be? Be specific.

;D

Tell us again about your "education".

Offline Julia

• Sr. NewsRaker
  • Liked: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2018, 03:41:34 PM »
There is no doubt of that. Given the density of the crowd, multiple hits from one projectile would be almost impossible to avoid.

This particular shooting was actually unique because of the conditions under which it took place. He had  a venue with tens of thousands of targets. Her had an unobstructed view of the target area. It is probably a good thing the idiot decided to "spray" with that bump stock rather than work the kill zone methodically and deliberately.

So even though he was an idiot who didn't have the experience and training to "work the kill zone" he was able to shoot almost 500 people in 10 minutes from 500 yards away.
In a democracy it is your vote that counts.
In feudalism it is your count that votes.

Offline Julia

• Sr. NewsRaker
  • Liked: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2018, 03:56:49 PM »
What I am focused on is that EVERYTHING that happens in Vegas is on camera. The only place that there are no cameras are in the bathrooms.

So, no one noticed this idiot bringing in an arsenal through the hotel and on the elevators up to his room??  No one?? Really??

I have a really hard time believing that.

There was video of George Soros helping the shooter bring in the weapons, but now all the videos and photos are missing!!!  :o
In a democracy it is your vote that counts.
In feudalism it is your count that votes.

Online Hollybaere

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 845
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2018, 03:58:39 PM »
There was video of George Soros helping the shooter bring in the weapons, but now all the videos and photos are missing!!!  :o

Yea. There ya go!! Libby logic strikes agin.
All truth passes through three stages:
First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
� ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER (1788-1860)
Dagon is an idiot!!

Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security, Deserve Neither- Benjamin Franklin

Online Observer

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2018, 09:23:27 PM »
So even though he was an idiot who didn't have the experience and training to "work the kill zone" he was able to shoot almost 500 people in 10 minutes from 500 yards away.

Fish in a barrel.

You could have done it.

Online Katsrdelicious

• Hero NewsRaker
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2018, 09:39:08 PM »
What assumption? What non-sequitur?

If so then I stand corrected.

Your premise that the weapons in question serve no other purpose but to murder a lot of people is incorrect so they should therefore be banned is a fallacy.

Online Katsrdelicious

• Hero NewsRaker
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2018, 09:56:55 PM »
The odds of using guns in self defense are diminimus.
I've backed off a threatening and aggressive individual by unholstering my firearm. It wouldn't be listed in any data compilation but nonetheless it happened. Or do you consider it to have not been used in self-defense since I didn't have to pull the trigger.

Had an incident a few years ago a few doors down where an elderly couple were charged  by a couple of guys who tried to force there way in. The old man managed to brace the door and they did not flee until he yelled to his wife to get the gun. I'd call that another self-defense use.