Author Topic: Trump's language has little precedent.  (Read 357 times)

Online ivanm

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 419
    • View Profile
Trump's language has little precedent.
« on: August 09, 2017, 07:32:52 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/08/us/politics/trumps-harsh-language-on-north-korea-has-little-precedent-experts-say.html

I think the closing remarks are the gist of the issue.

They may be saying, ‘Look, we have a 30-year record of bipartisan failure on this issue, so let’s flip the script and give North Korea a bit of its own medicine and see if we can get a different result,’” Mr. Feaver said.

But breaking with tradition can have perilous consequences when bombs and missiles are involved.
“If this was impulsive, that would be very much out of the history of the presidency on matters like this,” Mr. Beschloss said. “You don’t have presidents blurting out things when lives are at stake, and if that is what it was, it would be scary.”
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 07:37:23 AM by ivanm »

Online Pepsi

• Administrator
  • Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1451
    • View Profile
Re: Trump's language has little precedent.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 09:04:29 AM »
I am extremely concerned this failing president will start a war to distract from his problems.     The last thing we need is a president who makes threats like the North korean dictator.      This situation in Korea obviously can quickly spin out of control putting millions of Koreans at risk.   

So let's see how fucking brilliant I truly am.
Clinton will not ever be President of the United States.

Offline AngryRedMan

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 450
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 09:29:28 AM »
I am extremely concerned this failing president will start a war to distract from his problems.     The last thing we need is a president who makes threats like the North korean dictator.      This situation in Korea obviously can quickly spin out of control putting millions of Koreans at risk.

I was thinking that yesterday.  He sounds just like KJU
I invited them to, but it was never compulsory. They usually cheerfully accepted, except for the few occasions where my son chose to lie on the floor instead.

Online hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 904
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 03:50:23 AM »

pepsi,

do not fear.

Hank Johnson U.S. Representative for Georgia's 4th congressional district will protect Guam.

his knowledge of the island is unprecedented and will help in its defense.

Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything.

Offline AngryRedMan

• Hero NewsRaker
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 08:07:42 AM »
pepsi,

do not fear.

Hank Johnson U.S. Representative for Georgia's 4th congressional district will protect Guam.

his knowledge of the island is unprecedented and will help in its defense.

His knowledge of Guam rivals your knowledge of criminal law.  At the very least.
I invited them to, but it was never compulsory. They usually cheerfully accepted, except for the few occasions where my son chose to lie on the floor instead.

Online hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 09:41:19 AM »
His knowledge of Guam rivals your knowledge of criminal law.  At the very least.

angry,

never claimed to be a lawyer.

I was a blue collar worker.

Offline AngryRedMan

• Hero NewsRaker
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 11:01:39 AM »
angry,

never claimed to be a lawyer.

I was a blue collar worker.

Yours are the words asserting your expertise.  Quit trying to walk back your claims.

Online hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 04:31:48 PM »
Yours are the words asserting your expertise.  Quit trying to walk back your claims.

angry,

you are insane.

if you can not post my "words asserting (my) expertise"

angry, you should leave this forum forever, with your tail between your legs for blatantly lying.

Online hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 05:13:30 PM »

...."the Obama administration knowing back in 2013, four years ago, that the North Koreans had miniaturized 60 warheads, nuclear warheads for their missiles.
That’s 4-year-old information. I cannot emphasize this enough: It’s 4-year-old information that the Washington Post tried to pass off on Tuesday as blockbuster, brand new news. It’s been known since 2013 when Obama was president. But here is the piece de resistance, from our old buddy, Bill Gertz at the Washington Free Beacon: “North Korea Transfers Missile Goods to Iran During Nuclear Talks.”....

....Some of the nuclear warheads that the North Koreans developed, they transferred to Iranians when Obama was conducting negotiations ostensibly aimed at preventing Iran from becoming a nuclear nation. While we are talking to them in 2015, two years ago, the Norks are transferring nuclear technology to the Iranians. By the way, it went back and forth. They had basically a nuclear relationship. The Iranians would share data with the Norks and vice versa."

thanks barry!

source

Offline AngryRedMan

• Hero NewsRaker
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 09:13:14 AM »
angry,

you are insane.

if you can not post my "words asserting (my) expertise"

angry, you should leave this forum forever, with your tail between your legs for blatantly lying.

Do you believe Libby's conviction is legitimate or not?

Online hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 10:24:54 AM »
Do you believe Libby's conviction is legitimate or not?
I posted an article that thought Libby was wrongly convicted.

I do believe Fitzgerald went on a fishing expedition and this was the best he could do.

a good analogy to Mueller's investigation.

how you lie and say I "know" more than Libby's lawyers is beyond  comprehension.

Offline AngryRedMan

• Hero NewsRaker
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 10:41:43 AM »
I posted an article that thought Libby was wrongly convicted.

I do believe Fitzgerald went on a fishing expedition and this was the best he could do.

a good analogy to Mueller's investigation.

how you lie and say I "know" more than Libby's lawyers is beyond  comprehension.

I know what you did.  I asked if you believed it or not.  Simple, direct question.

Online hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 10:56:12 AM »
I know what you did.  I asked if you believed it or not.  Simple, direct question.

yes. the article brings up very good points in Libby's defense, but it is too late now.

water under the bridge.

now we wait to see if Mueller does the same thing.

Mueller really does have major conflicts of interests and should have recused himself.

I guess Mueller is not honorable and fair.

Offline AngryRedMan

• Hero NewsRaker
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 11:12:14 AM »
yes. the article brings up very good points in Libby's defense, but it is too late now.

water under the bridge.

now we wait to see if Mueller does the same thing.

Mueller really does have major conflicts of interests and should have recused himself.

I guess Mueller is not honorable and fair.

Sorry shit box.  Simple direct question: Do you believe Libby's conviction is legitimate or not?

Online hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 12:47:26 AM »
Sorry shit box.  Simple direct question: Do you believe Libby's conviction is legitimate or not?

I believe it is questionable at the least.

final answer.