Author Topic: A plus for Trump  (Read 727 times)

Offline RealityHasALiberalBias

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 787
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
Re: A plus for Trump
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2017, 12:05:26 PM »
It appears that Trump's inability to actually pass any legislation is a huge relief to the Stock Market. 

Once the Stock Market is reacting directly to Trump policies and rises to the tune of 10,000 points, and not a residual reaction to Obama's policies, it could be claimed that Trump finally has a positive effect on something, anything.

Yes, but let's be real. The stock market goes up and it goes down and no one really knows why. If they knew why they would not be telling us. They would be too busy making money at it.

The talking heads, for the most part, have their own agenda. They can themselves move the market with what gullible people will do. And who is more gullible than #fakepresident's cult followers?

The bottom line for the real world is that #fakepresident hasn't done damn thing except watch cable news and golf and the economy has done what everyone would expect, chug along on the trajectory that President Obama set over the past 8 years. Eventually that will change. We are due for a big correction. That will happen.

Offline Boneyard

• Newbie NewsRaker
  • Liked: 5
  • Beware of the dog...cat's not trustworthy either
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2017, 12:15:24 PM »
Agreed.

I was merely attempting to use the same thought process as the original OP while debunking it's use.  Maybe I should have used this  ::) lol . 

If the OP was trying to attribute the stock gains to Trump's Presidency, he/she cannot and should not ignore all of the possible surrounding scenarios that include Trump as a reason for the Stock gains...including Trump's impending indictment,  convening the Grand Jury, Trump's incessant lies and divulging classified info via tweets and his tiny fisted pussy grabbing penchant.
Republicans never did get over the Nixon fiasco.  The Trump fiasco will be epic.....Boneyard

Offline RealityHasALiberalBias

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 787
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2017, 12:18:40 PM »
Agreed.

I was merely attempting to use the same thought process as the original OP while debunking it's use.  Maybe I should have used this  ::) lol . 

If the OP was trying to attribute the stock gains to Trump's Presidency, he/she cannot and should not ignore all of the possible surrounding scenarios that include Trump as a reason for the Stock gains...including Trump's impending indictment,  convening the Grand Jury, Trump's incessant lies and divulging classified info via tweets and his tiny fisted pussy grabbing penchant.

Welcome to Newsrake, Boneyard.

:)

Online hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 904
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2017, 07:41:40 PM »
It appears that Trump's inability to actually pass any legislation is a huge relief to the Stock Market. 

Once the Stock Market is reacting directly to Trump policies and rises to the tune of 10,000 points, and not a residual reaction to Obama's policies, it could be claimed that Trump finally has a positive effect on something, anything.

boneyard,

I do believe you have it backwards.

the anticipation of Trumps campaign pledges is what created this:

Dow’s rally from election to Trump’s first 100 days is a postwar record

As President Donald Trump hit his 100th day in office Saturday, the Dow Jones Industrial Average has booked the best performance in the postwar era under a first-term president when measured from Election Day through the 100th day in office, according to Dow Jones data.

The Dow DJIA, -0.15%  has rallied 14.22% since Trump’s stunning Nov. 8 election victory over Democratic rival Hillary Clinton after a campaign promising a raft of Wall Street-friendly policies, including tax cuts, deregulation and a boost in infrastructure spending. (The S&P 500 index SPX, -0.24% has gained about 11.6% over that period, while the Nasdaq Composite Index COMP, -0.21% has climbed 16.5%.)

make America great again
Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything.

Online ivanm

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 419
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2017, 05:08:24 AM »
boneyard,

I do believe you have it backwards.

the anticipation of Trumps campaign pledges is what created this:

Dow’s rally from election to Trump’s first 100 days is a postwar record

As President Donald Trump hit his 100th day in office Saturday, the Dow Jones Industrial Average has booked the best performance in the postwar era under a first-term president when measured from Election Day through the 100th day in office, according to Dow Jones data.

The Dow DJIA, -0.15%  has rallied 14.22% since Trump’s stunning Nov. 8 election victory over Democratic rival Hillary Clinton after a campaign promising a raft of Wall Street-friendly policies, including tax cuts, deregulation and a boost in infrastructure spending. (The S&P 500 index SPX, -0.24% has gained about 11.6% over that period, while the Nasdaq Composite Index COMP, -0.21% has climbed 16.5%.)

make America great again

Right you are Hook.  The indexes are forward looking and reflect the hopes of investors. They feel that fewer restrictive regulations will promote economic growth and larger profits.

Offline Boneyard

• Newbie NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2017, 11:28:24 AM »
Right you are Hook.  The indexes are forward looking and reflect the hopes of investors. They feel that fewer restrictive regulations will promote economic growth and larger profits.

forward looking?...like convening a Grand Jury, impending indictments, no knock raids on Manafort's home, useless war rhetoric?  I doubt it is the sum total of why the stock go anywhere.

as state above @RealityHasALiberalBias :
The talking heads, for the most part, have their own agenda. They can themselves move the market with what gullible people will do. And who is more gullible than #fakepresident's cult followers?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 11:33:27 AM by Boneyard »
Republicans never did get over the Nixon fiasco.  The Trump fiasco will be epic.....Boneyard

Online hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2017, 06:11:49 PM »
forward looking?...like convening a Grand Jury, impending indictments, no knock raids on Manafort's home, useless war rhetoric?  I doubt it is the sum total of why the stock go anywhere.

wrong again, boney.

investors and business owners move the markets by looking forward to Trumps promising

economic and social agenda, ie: tax reform, border control and immigration reform etc.

all of the peripheral fake news about Russia collusion and Robert Muellers' witch hunt has yet to slow down the market.

Online ivanm

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2017, 01:05:24 AM »
wrong again, boney.

investors and business owners move the markets by looking forward to Trumps promising

economic and social agenda, ie: tax reform, border control and immigration reform etc.

all of the peripheral fake news about Russia collusion and Robert Muellers' witch hunt has yet to slow down the market.
Apparently the possibility of a war with N. Korea is not materially impacting the DOW.
Should it happen  I look for a dip and then a continued recovery as a lot of big corps make  out well supplying goods and services to the war effort.

Online hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2017, 01:12:10 AM »
Apparently the possibility of a war with N. Korea is not materially impacting the DOW.
Should it happen  I look for a dip and then a continued recovery as a lot of big corps make  out well supplying goods and services to the war effort.

Ivanm,
I hope nothing happens but I am confident Trump and his military team are ready for any possible scenario.

also:

BEIJING (Reuters) - If North Korea launches an attack that threatens the United States then China should stay neutral, but if the United States attacks first and tries to overthrow North Korea's government China will stop them, a Chinese state-run newspaper said on Friday.

source

Online ivanm

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2017, 07:48:13 AM »

I don't think that dog and pony show has much effect on the market. However, the loosening or elimination of various regulations may give the DOW a boost because some basic industries such as coal mining, oil production, and steel making see a  new chance to prosper.

Now, if war breaks out with N. Korea then we may see a dip in the DOW but not for long as the US has been on a war footing for decades now.

Offline Boneyard

• Newbie NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2017, 12:03:21 PM »
I don't think that dog and pony show has much effect on the market. However, the loosening or elimination of various regulations may give the DOW a boost because some basic industries such as coal mining, oil production, and steel making see a  new chance to prosper.

Now, if war breaks out with N. Korea then we may see a dip in the DOW but not for long as the US has been on a war footing for decades now.

Glad you started out with a clarification that it's just an opinion and not fact.

Online hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2017, 12:33:41 AM »
Glad you started out with a clarification that it's just an opinion and not fact.

boney,

I showed you it was not an opinion but a fact indeed.

reply #33