Author Topic: Florida dem mayor guilty of voter fraud, is to serve.....  (Read 133 times)

Offline Calypso Jones

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 512
    • View Profile
Florida dem mayor guilty of voter fraud, is to serve.....
« on: June 18, 2017, 10:09:22 AM »
FOUR YEARS ON PROBATION!!  FOUR years on PROBATION.  LOLOL

Don't tell me there's no double standard.  LOLOLOL

Via WFTV:   http://www.wftv.com/news/local/eatonville-mayor-convicted-of-voter-fraud-sentenced-to-4-years-of-probation/534505347

The former mayor of Eatonville convicted of tampering with the city’s 2015 elections was sentenced to four years of probation on Friday.

Anthony Grant was also sentenced to 25 days, but it included time served.

He made a last-minute plea for mercy.

“This has been one of the most difficult times of my life, this experience and being incarcerated,” said Grant. “I apologize to my family and friends for any embarrassment I’ve caused.”

He told the judge a trip to prison would leave his family without a provider.

He said he’s spent his life trying to do right by the people who relied on him.

“I pray to this court to have leniency on my sentence,” said grant.

His co-defendant, Mia Nowells, cried in court as she was confronted with the reality that she too was about to become a convicted felon.

Though the judge had harsh words, he put both of them on probation after time served.  (OH MY GOODNESS....HARSH WORDS!!  I bet that sent them both running for they safe places.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 10:12:06 AM by Calypso Jones »

Offline Calypso Jones

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 512
    • View Profile
Re: Florida dem mayor guilty of voter fraud, is to serve.....
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 12:15:17 AM »
http://rightwingnews.com/top-news/hundreds-voter-registrations-withdrawn-co-state-signals-compliance-trump-mandate/

'Hundreds' of voter registrations withdrawn when state(s) signal compliane with trump mandate.

Don't forget those paper trails.   This reminds me of a drunk driver who gets his girlfriend to climb into the drivers seat so he won't be charged with drunk driving.    The governors know that there is voter fraud in their states. McAuliffe knows it.