Author Topic: The Rise of Transfascism in the West  (Read 5028 times)

Offline AngryRedMan

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 450
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
Re: The Rise of Transfascism in the West
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2017, 03:31:00 PM »
That is fine, but when the activists get into straight peoples' faces then that is where the respect ends.
The onus is on the transgenders and not on those who are not  transgender.  Straights did not create the problem so don t expect them to fix it. 

This is getting back to the old issue of it being struggle for dominance. The straights don't have the problem and no one should tell them they have to accept it.  Tolerate it yes, but accept it  no. In my mind it is a matter of coexisting.

When has an activist gotten in your face demanding dominance?  Let me quote you: "In all my 78 years, and I have been around a bit, and I have yet to knowingly meet a transgender."

Dominance? Nonsense.  Actually you are making a problem where there is none.  No one is in your face demanding to be dominant.  All people want is to be tolerated.  To the extent that some straight people promote intolerance they have started a problem.  Let me quote you: "I spent some ten years in the honky tonks of Dallas, and let me tell you what the redneck cowboys did to such people.  They would catch them in the bathroom and beat the living shit out of them."
I invited them to, but it was never compulsory. They usually cheerfully accepted, except for the few occasions where my son chose to lie on the floor instead.

Offline ivanm

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 401
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2017, 12:01:12 AM »
When has an activist gotten in your face demanding dominance?  Let me quote you: "In all my 78 years, and I have been around a bit, and I have yet to knowingly meet a transgender."

Dominance? Nonsense.  Actually you are making a problem where there is none.  No one is in your face demanding to be dominant.  All people want is to be tolerated.  To the extent that some straight people promote intolerance they have started a problem.  Let me quote you: "I spent some ten years in the honky tonks of Dallas, and let me tell you what the redneck cowboys did to such people.  They would catch them in the bathroom and beat the living shit out of them."

There is more to it than simply wanting to be tolerated. If not then why the recent set of biased laws
produded by NYC? That in itself is an in your face action. The term "in your face" can be construed to
what is essentially a form of reverse discrimination.

If you want to split hairs then you need to team up with your ass hole buddy Mornac and leave me out of it. You don't have balls enough to come right out and state your pov on the issue but that is not necessary. as you are not bullshitting anyone.

Offline ivanm

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 401
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2017, 12:02:53 AM »
hey ivanm the naive...

Why you should not use Wikipedia as a source?

However, citation of Wikipedia in research papers may be considered unacceptable, because Wikipedia is not considered a credible or authoritative source. This is especially true considering anyone can edit the information given at any time, and although most errors are immediately fixed, some errors maintain unnoticed.
Oh I get it. I should depend solely on you for answers as you know all there is to know about the issue.
Wikipedia provides food for  thought where a bigot like you can only nitpick.  I see it as a defensive ploy designed to cover your ignorance of the issue at hand. Such tactics are typical of holier than thou conservatives.  Whatsa matter sonny, no applicable stale platitude in your wingnut playbook?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 12:08:08 AM by ivanm »

Online SpaceCadet

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 276
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2017, 12:21:14 AM »

There is more to it than simply wanting to be tolerated. If not then why the recent set of biased laws
produded by NYC? That in itself is an in your face action. The term "in your face" can be construed to

If you want to split hairs then you need to team up with your ass hole buddy Mornac and leave me out of it. You don't have balls enough to come right out and state your pov on the issue but that is not necessary. as you are not bullshitting anyone.

To what laws are you referring?

Offline hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1840
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2017, 12:49:07 AM »
Oh I get it. I should depend solely on you for answers as you know all there is to know about the issue.
Wikipedia provides food for  thought where a bigot like you can only nitpick.  I see it as a defensive ploy designed to cover your ignorance of the issue at hand. Such tactics are typical of holier than thou conservatives.  Whatsa matter sonny, no applicable stale platitude in your wingnut playbook?

ivanm,

don't get your Depends in a bunch old man.

just food for thought.
the evidence is right in front of our eyes in dozens of ways
that Trump is compromised and/or working for Vladimir Putin

Offline AngryRedMan

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 450
  • NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2017, 08:30:51 AM »

I am not sure what "biased laws" you are referring to.  Unless the laws impose an obligation on people beyond requiring them to respect the rights of others then we are not talking about so-called reverse discrimination.  I am neither splitting hairs nor am I reusing to state my point of view on this issue.
I invited them to, but it was never compulsory. They usually cheerfully accepted, except for the few occasions where my son chose to lie on the floor instead.

Online Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 968
  • Self-absorbed promethean neopelagian
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2017, 08:05:31 PM »
California Could Start Jailing People Who Don’t Use Transgender Pronouns

ANDERS HAGSTROM
August 26, 2017

A bill that passed the California state senate and is now moving through the Assembly could threaten jail time for anyone who refuses to use a transgender person’s preferred pronoun.

The law is currently limited in its effects to nursing homes and intermediate-care facilities, but if passed, those who “willfully and repeatedly” refuse “to use a transgender resident’s preferred name or pronouns” could be slapped with a $1,000 fine and up to one year in prison, according to the California Heath and Safety code. The state senate passed the bill 26-12 at the end of May. Since then, the Assembly Judiciary committee recommended the bill unanimously and the General Assembly held its first hearing on the legislation Wednesday.

“How can you believe in free speech, but think the government can compel people to use certain pronouns when talking to others?” Greg Burt of the California Family Council testified in July. “This is not tolerance. This is not love. This is not mutual respect. True tolerance tolerates people with different views. We need to treat each other with respect, but respect is a two-way street. It is not respectful to threaten people with punishment for having sincerely held beliefs that differ from your own.”

Titled the “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Long-Term Care Facility Residents Bill of Rights,” the legislation also requires nursing homes and care facilities to allow residents to use the bathroom of their choice, regardless of biological sex. The bill’s author, state Sen. Scott Weiner, argues that religious views don’t hold weight in public areas.

“Everyone is entitled to their religious view,” Weiner said. “But when you enter the public space, when you are running an institution, you are in a workplace, you are in a civil setting, and you have to follow the law.”

Experts argue it is “pretty unlikely that, if this law is enacted, such prohibitions would be limited just to this [nursing home] scenario,” UCLA First Amendment scholar Eugene Volokh told National Review. Volokh speculates that lawmakers chose to apply the bill to nursing homes not because there is an overabundance of transgender seniors in the state, but because the demographic group is likely to garner sympathy.

The bill is one of several pieces of gender discrimination legislation moving through California’s Congress this summer. The body is also considering mandatory transgender training programs for companies that have more than 50 employees, CBS Sacramento reported.

While that legislation doesn’t punish those who refuse to use gender identity pronouns, it does affirm the right to transgender people to be called what they wish.

Both bills await decision in the Assembly.

Source

Online Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
Australian boy rescued from perverse medical "science"
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2017, 09:07:45 AM »
AUSTRALIAN BOY DETRANSITIONS AFTER OVERCOMING GENDER CONFUSION

Stephen Wynne
September 11, 2017

ADELAIDE, Australia (ChurchMilitant.com) - In Australia, a 14-year-old boy has decided against living as a girl.

Patrick Mitchell began "transitioning" when he was just 12 years old with the encouragement of his mother.

"When he was young he would dress up in girls' clothes," his mother Alison told 60 Minutes Australia.

"You wish you could just change everything about you," Mitchell said, describing his gender confusion. "You just see any girl, and you say, I'd kill to be like that."

"I'd seen a story on TV about transgender people," Alison recalled. "I said to Patrick, 'I'm not saying this is you but I think we should speak to somebody about it.'"

The pair sought advice from doctors, who diagnosed Mitchell as "gender dysphoric." Their solution to his confusion was to prescribe the boy estrogen.

Mitchell began to develop breasts. He grew his hair long and began living like a female. "I felt like I was on the right track to becoming a girl," he recalled.

But in early 2017 something inside him changed when school teacher referred to Mitchell as a girl. It didn't feel right to him.

"I'm just not sure that I am a girl," he told his mother.

"I began to realize I was actually comfortable in my body," said Mitchell, reflecting on his shifting perspective. "Every day I just felt better."

Mitchell began the process of detransitioning. He dropped his estrogen regimen and had the added breast tissue removed.

According to Stephen Stathis, a child psychologist practicing in the Australian state of Queensland, Mitchell's story is common.

As director of a Brisbane gender clinic, Stathis warns that many children come to him mistakenly viewing gender reassignment as a solution to deep-rooted psychological and emotional problems. It is common, he notes, for girls who have suffered sexual abuse to identify as transgender. "The girls say, 'If only I had been a male I wouldn't have been abused.'"

Stathis estimates that "about 75 percent of boys and girls who present with gender variant interests and behaviors" decide not to transition after puberty has begun.

In July, Church Militant interviewed Walt Heyer, a former transgender "woman" about the realities behind "gender dysphoria" diagnoses.

The founder of SexChangeRegret.com and author of the books A Transgender's Faith and Genders, Lies and Suicide, Heyer observed that "Medically speaking, there is no such thing as gender dysphoria."  He pointed to the fact that disordered "feelings" are subjective and subject to change over time. "There is no way to objectively test or prove gender dysphoria," he maintained.

Dr. Joseph Berger, a Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, agrees. He maintains that from "a scientific perspective," people identifying as "transgendered" are suffering from a psychological crisis rooted in "emotional unhappiness."

"[C]osmetic surgery," he warns, is not a "proper treatment."

Heyer argues that a person struggling with gender confusion can pinpoint the exact moment when they began having disordered feelings "100 percent of the time." An exploration of personal history reveals "usually traumatic, stressful, uncommon events that create deep emotional and psychological wounds," he said. These "horrific events," he affirms, are a task for mental health professionals — surgery and hormone regimens offer no solution.

Source

Online Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2017, 09:32:30 AM »

Offline hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1840
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2017, 02:54:26 PM »
ain't that the truth?

nicely done Mornac.
the evidence is right in front of our eyes in dozens of ways
that Trump is compromised and/or working for Vladimir Putin

Online Pepsi

• Administrator
  • Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1654
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2017, 03:42:21 PM »
Making fun of trans people is always a good laugh.. for dimwits and knuckle draggers who have no empathy
absolutely nothing will be found.

there is nothing to be found.

Online Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2017, 04:34:41 PM »
Making fun of trans people is always a good laugh.. for dimwits and knuckle draggers who have no empathy
--Except for the fact that there is no such thing as "trans people".

Online Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2017, 11:18:37 PM »
POLITICALLY INCORRECT TRANSGENDER RESEARCH REJECTED

Anita Carey
September 26, 2017

Master thesis on de-transitioning rejected by UK university

BATH, England - Research on the experiences of transgenders who de-transition is being halted out of fear of social media backlash.

James Caspian, a registered psychotherapist, told BBC Radio 4 in an interview on Monday that he was "astonished" his thesis project he had prepared for two years was rejected by the Bath Spa University. Caspian, who "work(s) with individuals on all parts of the gender spectrum," wanted to study what the experiences are of transgenders who reverted back to their birth gender.

Church Militant contacted Caspian to find out what he was hoping to learn with his research. Caspian said he wanted to learn, "How they felt, what they went through and what they thought." He initially decided to do the research when he spoke to a surgeon who had performed seven gender reassignment surgery reversals in one year. This was an unheard of number of people who regretted their transition; Caspian found many who were traumatized and even "found it very difficult to get people willing to talk openly about the experience of reversing surgery."

He planned to present his findings to the European Professional Association for Transgender Health (EPATH) conference. A registered psychotherapist, he hoped his findings would benefit transgenders by "making some people aware of a variety of experiences around transitioning."

His initial proposal was accepted by the university, but when he amended the scope to include women who returned to their birth gender without the reversal surgery, the Bath Spa University ethics subcommittee and the education dean, Kate Reynolds, rejected the project on the grounds that it was too risky for the university. They said, "Engaging in a potentially 'politically incorrect' piece of research carries a risk to the university," adding, "Attacks on social media may not be confined to the researcher but may involve the university."

Caspian told the BBC, "I was, to put it bluntly, astonished that a university should censor a research project on the grounds that what people might post on social media may be detrimental to the reputation of the university."   

There are others that agree more research needs to be done. In July, Church Militant spoke with Walt Heyer, founder of SexChangeRegret.com and author of several books including Paper Genders and Genders, Lies and Suicide. Heyer, as a former transgender, said, "Medically speaking, there is no such thing as gender dysphoria." On his site, Heyer says, "I come away with the realization that good research and studies need to be done on the effectiveness of sex change surgery."

Heyer told Church Militant that usually a traumatic event creates a deep emotional and psychological wound that the person can pinpoint. He says cosmetic surgery and hormones are not treatments for the underlying comorbid conditions, which is why suicide rates for transgenders have remained near 40 percent since the early 1900s.

Caspian told Church Militant that he is unsure what he will do if the university does not allow him to continue. He says he has paid them thousands of pounds in fees that they refuse to refund. Caspian does have a crowdfunding page but he has stopped collecting donations at the moment as he has raised enough to cover his legal fees. He is contesting the court order that he is responsible for the university's legal fees of £4,929.

Caspian is waiting for the outcome of the investigation, surrounding the complaint he filed in February. In a process that should normally take three weeks, he explained that a suspension of the complaint by the university in March has made the situation very complicated, though he was promised the outcome would be released this week. He cannot make any plans to undertake this research until this matter is settled.

Church Militant reached out to the university, and they replied, "Due to an ongoing internal investigation, Bath Spa University is unable to comment at this time."

Source

Online Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2017, 11:23:40 PM »
The new taboo: More people regret sex change and want to ‘detransition’, surgeon says

Dr. Miroslav Djordjevic says more people, particularly transgender women over 30, are asking for reversal surgery, yet their regrets remain taboo

October 2, 2017
Joe Shute

Five years ago, Professor Miroslav Djordjevic, the world-leading genital reconstructive surgeon, received a patient at his Belgrade clinic. It was a transgender patient who had surgery at a different clinic to remove male genitalia – and had since changed their mind.

That was the first time Djordjevic had ever been contacted to perform a so-called “reversal” surgery. Over the next six months, another six people also approached him, similarly wanting to reverse their procedures. They came from countries all over the Western world, Britain included, united by an acute sense of regret. At present, Djordjevic has a further six prospective people in discussions with his clinic about reversals and two currently undergoing the process itself; reattaching the male genitalia is a complex procedure and takes several operations over the course of a year to fully complete, at a cost of some euros 18,000 (pounds 16,000).

Those wishing the reversal, Djordjevic says, have spoken to him about crippling levels of depression following their transition and in some cases even contemplated suicide. “It can be a real disaster to hear these stories,” says the 52-year-old. And yet, in the main part, they are not being heard.

Last week, it was alleged that Bath Spa University has turned down an application for research on gender reassignment reversal because it was a subject deemed “potentially politically incorrect”.

James Caspian, a psychotherapist who specializes in working with transgender people, suggested the research after a conversation with Djordjevic in 2014 at a London restaurant where the Serbian told him about the number of reversals he was seeing, and the lack of academic rigour on the subject.

According to Caspian, the university initially approved his proposal to research “detransitioning”. He then amassed some preliminary findings that suggested a growing number of young people – particularly young women – were transitioning their gender and then regretting it.

But after submitting the more detailed proposal to Bath Spa, he discovered he had been referred to the university ethics committee, which rejected it over fears of criticism that might be directed towards the university. Not least on social media from the powerful transgender lobby.

Speaking this week, Caspian described himself as “astonished” at the decision, while Bath Spa University has launched an internal inquiry into why the research was turned down and is at present refusing to comment further.

Until the investigation is complete, Djordjevic, who performs around 100 surgeries a year both at his Belgrade clinic and New York’s Mount Sinai Hospital, is unwilling to give his exact opinion on the apparent rejection, but admits he is baffled as there is a desperate need for greater understanding in reversals.

“Definitely reversal surgery and regret in transgender persons is one of the very hot topics,” he says. “Generally, we have to support all research in this field.”

Djordjevic, who has 22 years’ experience of genital reconstructive surgery, operates under strict guidelines. Before any surgery, patients must undergo psychiatric evaluation for a minimum of between one and two years, followed by a hormonal evaluation and therapy. He also requests two professional letters of recommendation for each person and attempts to remain in contact for as long as possible following the surgery. Currently, he still speaks with 80 per cent of his former patients.

Following conversations with those upon whom he has helped perform reversals, Djordjevic says he has real concerns about the level of psychiatric evaluation and counselling that people receive elsewhere before gender reassignment first takes place.

Djordjevic fears money is at the root of the problem, and says his reversal patients have told him about making initial inquiries to surgeries and simply being asked to send a cheque in return.

“I have heard stories of people visiting surgeries who only checked if they had the money to pay,” he says. “We have to stop this. As a community, we have to make very strong rules: nobody who wants to make this type of surgery or just make money can be allowed to do so.”

To date, all of his reversals have been transgender women aged over 30 wanting to restore their male genitalia. Over the last two decades, the average age of his patients has more than halved, from 45 to 21. While the World Professional Association for Transgender Health guidelines currently state nobody under the age of 18 should undergo surgery, Prof Djordjevic fears this age limit could soon be reduced to include minors. Were that to happen, he says, he would refuse to abide by the rules. “I’m afraid what will happen five to 10 years later with this person,” he says. “It is more than about surgery; it’s an issue of human rights. I could not accept them as a patient as I’d be afraid what would happen to their mind.”

Referrals to adult and child gender identity clinics in the UK have increased dramatically over the past 10 years. In April, the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust, the only clinic for adolescents in England, reported 2,016 referrals to its gender identity development service, a 42 per cent rise compared to the previous year, which in itself marked a 104 per cent increase on the year before that.

The clinic stresses the majority of its young referrals do not end up receiving physical treatment through the service. While NHS guidelines state young people should not be given cross-sex hormone treatment until 16, concerns have been raised about the lack of regulation, particularly in the private sector.

Earlier this month, it was revealed a Monmouthshire MP, Dr Helen Webberley, was being investigated by the General Medical Council (GMC), following complaints from two GPs that she had treated children as young as 12 with hormones at her private clinic, which specialises in gender issues.

Webberley insists she has done nothing wrong, and there were no “decisions or judgments” made on the claims against her. “There are many children under 16 who are desperate to start what they would consider their natural puberty earlier than that,” she said this month.

Djordjevic feels differently, and admits he has deep reservations about treating children with hormonal drugs before they reach puberty – not least as by blocking certain hormones before they have sufficiently developed means they may find it difficult to undergo reassignment surgery in the future.

“Ethically, we have to help any person over the world starting from three to four years of age, but in the best possible way,” he says. “If you change general health with any drug, I’m not a supporter of that theory.”

These are profoundly life-changing matters around which he – like many in his industry – feels far better debate is required to promote new understanding. But at the moment, it seems, that debate is simply being shut down.

Source

Online Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2017, 08:56:33 AM »
California Law: Calling Transgenders the Wrong Gender Pronoun Can Send You to Jail

KATHERINE RODRIGUEZ
10 Oct 2017

A newly signed law signed by California Gov. Jerry Brown last week states that health care workers who choose not to address transgender patients by their preferred pronouns could face fines or jail time.

The bill, which was signed into law Wednesday, is designed to protect transgender and LGBT individuals in hospitals, assisted living facilities, long-term care facilities, and retirement homes from discrimination and ensure their needs are met, such as letting them use the bathroom of their preferred gender.

“It shall be unlawful for a long-term care facility or facility staff to take any of the following actions wholly or partially on the basis of a person’s actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) status,” the bill reads.

The law states that health care workers who “willfully and repeatedly” fail to address transgender people by their “preferred name or pronouns” if they were “clearly informed of the preferred name or pronouns” would be in violation of the law.

According to the newly-signed law, violators could be punished with a fine “not to exceed one thousand dollars,” sent to prison “in the county jail for a period not to exceed one year,” or both.

State Sen. Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco), who introduced the bill to the California Senate in August, argued that people would not be criminally prosecuted despite the law’s wording.

“It’s just more scare tactics by people who oppose all LGBT civil rights and protections,” he said in a statement last month.

Wiener’s office claimed that the law “does not create any new criminal provisions,” but instead creates “new rights within an existing structure.”

Those who opposed the law, including Greg Burt of the California Family Council, criticized the measure when it was in its early stages for being a violation of free speech.

“How can you believe in free speech, but think the government can compel people to use certain pronouns when talking to others?” Burt told the California Assembly Judiciary Committee in August,  according to CBN News.

Source