Author Topic: The stellar performance of the faithful Catholic media  (Read 5269 times)

Offline Lt. Columbo

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 646
    • View Profile
Re: The stellar performance of the faithful Catholic media
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2015, 05:28:13 PM »
What do you do for fun on a Friday night, count rosary beads?   And what's up with the guy in the bow tie?  Doesn't that tell you something?  I've said it before, you're in the wrong forum. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 05:31:36 PM by flyboy »

Online Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1034
  • Self-absorbed promethean neopelagian
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2015, 01:11:12 AM »
What do you do for fun on a Friday night, count rosary beads?
--Actually, I was in Charlotte this weekend. I had a good time.

And what's up with the guy in the bow tie?
--Who? This guy?

He appears on all of your posts. Why don't you tell us?

Doesn't that tell you something?
--Should it?

I've said it before, you're in the wrong forum.
--Thanks for your concern, "flyboy", but as you well know, I have a lot of patience.

Online Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
Voris takes out the Novus ordo trash
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2015, 08:32:24 AM »

Offline DougRich

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 878
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2015, 09:37:09 AM »
Yeah...I had a little time this morning, so I actually watched about five minutes of this little gem.  Turned it off a little after Voris equated hiring an openly gay man with employing an active KKK member.  Same-sex spouses, in Voris-speak, are apparently now "sodomy partners".  What a nice Christian man!
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."  - E.F. Schumacher

Online Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2015, 04:23:12 PM »
Yeah...I had a little time this morning, so I actually watched about five minutes of this little gem.  Turned it off a little after Voris equated hiring an openly gay man with employing an active KKK member.
same-sex spouses, in Voris-speak, are apparently now "sodomy partners".  What a nice Christian man!

Offline DougRich

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2015, 05:16:18 PM »

If you honestly believe that the two situations are comparable, the problem is between your ears.

"Force" my beliefs on you...by using the term in conversation?  My, you are a delicate little flower, aren't you? 

Once again, who is this "us" to which you keep referring?  You are the only member on this board who subscribes to your radical, hateful, anti-Christian agenda; everybody else is either ignoring you, laughing at you, or driving (rather than merely poking) holes in your sad attempts at logic and rational thought.\\

As for the term "sodomy partners", how would you feel about you and your wife being publicly introduced as "coitus buddies" or "sex pals"?  Identifying marriage partners by referring to the sex act or acts that you imagine they must engage in is beyond juvenile; most well-brought-up children would know better.

As has been explained to you on numerous occasions, Morning Glory, religious views only become outright bigotry - at least, in my view - when those who hold those views attempt to force them on the larger society - the world outside their own religious realm and personal life.  You want the State to keep prohibiting same-sex marriage because you think your religion condemns it; at that point, you attempt to force your learned religious doctrines on others.  When the State requires you - or anyone else - to marry a same-sex partner, then your martyred pose will be justified; till then, you're just the moral equivalent of a spoiled child throwing a tantrum because it can't get its way.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 05:19:40 PM by DougRich »
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."  - E.F. Schumacher

Online Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2015, 11:36:17 AM »
If you honestly believe that the two situations are comparable, the problem is between your ears.
"Force" my beliefs on you...by using the term in conversation?
My, you are a delicate little flower, aren't you?
Once again, who is this "us" to which you keep referring?  You are the only member on this board who subscribes to your radical, hateful, anti-Christian agenda; everybody else is either ignoring you, laughing at you, or driving (rather than merely poking) holes in your sad attempts at logic and rational thought.\\

As for the term "sodomy partners", how would you feel about you and your wife being publicly introduced as "coitus buddies" or "sex pals"?
Identifying marriage partners by referring to the sex act or acts that you imagine they must engage in is beyond juvenile; most well-brought-up children would know better.
As has been explained to you on numerous occasions, Morning Glory, religious views only become outright bigotry - at least, in my view - when those who hold those views attempt to force them on the larger society - the world outside their own religious realm and personal life.  You want the State to keep prohibiting same-sex marriage because you think your religion condemns it; at that point, you attempt to force your learned religious doctrines on others.  When the State requires you - or anyone else - to marry a same-sex partner, then your martyred pose will be justified; till then, you're just the moral equivalent of a spoiled child throwing a tantrum because it can't get its way.

Offline DougRich

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2015, 12:10:40 PM »
When self-identified Christians are "belittled and vilified", I find that they've usually brought it on themselves.  It's unfortunate, of course, when an individual who truly reflects Christ's teachings and a loving, serving character - and millions do exactly that - are ridiculed or insulted, and I make it a point to avoid doing that.  That it happens is similar to the manner in which you dismiss all same-sex-attracted people with the ugliest of names and character assassinations.  You are certainly not typical of Christians in that respect, or even of Catholics, and the Church is changing and "coming around" on several important matters these days - the respect to be accorded same-sex unions being one of those - despite the anguished howls of so many bitter, controlling old men in big hats.  The Church has left those people - and you - behind, and it's not going back, and that's something you're simply going to have to deal with.

Online Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2015, 01:01:30 PM »
When self-identified Christians are "belittled and vilified", I find that they've usually brought it on themselves.
It's unfortunate, of course, when an individual who truly reflects Christ's teachings and a loving, serving character - and millions do exactly that - are ridiculed or insulted, and I make it a point to avoid doing that.
That it happens is similar to the manner in which you dismiss all same-sex-attracted people with the ugliest of names and character assassinations.
--I have never used an ugly name or character assassination in regards to all same sex attracted people and I challenge to you to show me a single instance of me doing so.

You are certainly not typical of Christians in that respect, or even of Catholics,
--Do you make a difference between the two? Please explain it.

and the Church is changing and "coming around" on several important matters these days
2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.
despite the anguished howls of so many bitter, controlling old men in big hats.
above teaching. Which parts of it do feel reflect their bitterness and controlling nature?

The Church has left those people - and you - behind, and it's not going back, and that's something you're simply going to have to deal with.

Online Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
More corruption exposed in Catholic Church
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2015, 02:25:49 PM »
Good news for those who have suspected that the Catholic bureaucracy is rife with money-fueled corruption.

Watch 'em squirm on video when called upon to explain their blatant mishandling of donor funds.

Offline DougRich

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
Re: More corruption exposed in Catholic Church
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2015, 03:17:20 PM »
Good news for those who have suspected that the Catholic bureaucracy is rife with money-fueled corruption.

Watch 'em squirm on video when called upon to explain their blatant mishandling of donor funds.

"String of scandals"?  "Bombshell revelation"?  Please.  Some of the organization's affiliated agencies in third-world countries help support efforts to provide badly-needed contraceptive aid to the poor and AIDS-afflicted, and an "active homosexual" was employed in a technical capacity with no responsibility or obligation to practice or enforce any teaching of the Church.  The "scandals" and "bombshells" are all in the minds of you and your champion, that huge closet queen Voris.   ;D

Online Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
Re: More corruption exposed in Catholic Church
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2015, 05:24:37 PM »
"String of scandals"?  "Bombshell revelation"?  Please.
Some of the organization's affiliated agencies in third-world countries help support efforts to provide badly-needed contraceptive aid to the poor and AIDS-afflicted,
--In the same way that other agencies within the Church supported other sins and sinners who sexually abused young children. Are you in favor of hoodwinking faithful Catholics into funding certain sins simply because you approve of them? Like I said earlier: the whitest of sheets.

and an "active homosexual" was employed in a technical capacity with no responsibility or obligation to practice or enforce any teaching of the Church.
The "scandals" and "bombshells" are all in the minds of you and your champion, that huge closet queen Voris.
--Would this be the same DougRich who, only two posts ago ignored my challenge to show me a single instance of me using character assassination against someone? Why I believe it is. Anyone surprised?  I have to wonder how you'd react if someone were to refer to Ms Woo as a syphilitic whore.

Offline DougRich

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2015, 06:48:38 PM »
You denigrate and insult the character of every "active homosexual" for no better reason than your twisted interpretation of your chosen religion tells you that you can and should.  I base my assessment of Voris' character on the filth and nonsense he is perpetually mouthing.  No, I really don't expect you to see the difference - or much else of importance. 

Online Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2015, 07:18:24 PM »
You denigrate and insult the character of every "active homosexual" for no better reason than your twisted interpretation of your chosen religion tells you that you can and should.  I base my assessment of Voris' character on the filth and nonsense he is perpetually mouthing.  No, I really don't expect you to see the difference - or much else of importance.
--That's it??? You're going to object to that alone while letting everything else I surmised about you vis a vis the CRS stand as is?

Well, when you think about it, there really isn't anything you can say in your defense now, is there?

Online Mornac

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2015, 07:24:43 PM »
Incidentally Doug, were you using the term "huge closet queen" as a pejorative?