Author Topic: John Boehner’s `moment of truth’ arrives  (Read 8290 times)

Offline ivanm

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 401
    • View Profile
Re: John Boehner’s `moment of truth’ arrives
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2013, 09:07:16 AM »
You've been outfoxed Peps.
Wait until he gets his tax bill. Those free lunches come pretty dear.

He is the same asshole that advocated that people have free day care. Sorry sucka, not today. Go on welfare, it pays better and is tax free.  Wow, FREEEE, how's that grab you? 

Offline IM2

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2013, 09:23:00 AM »
Ignorant.

Offline Pardon_My_French

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 840
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2013, 09:25:38 AM »
Ignorant.

You most certainly are.
"Let's be perfectly clear, Doug.  I am the smartest person in the room." ~ SchroedingersCat -- Newsrake's most pretentious, pompous and paranoid poster.

Offline IM2

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2013, 09:37:50 AM »
PMF,

You have shown that you are stupid. The only reason you continue doing what you do is because the other idiots join you.

Observer,

Do not ask me to show you anything. You stalk shit and never produce supporting evidence. You were shown, and just because you are too stupid to see the truth is not my fault.

Online Pepsi

• Administrator
  • Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1664
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2013, 09:46:08 AM »
victory

absolutely nothing will be found.

there is nothing to be found.

Offline FeydRatha

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 272
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 09:54:02 AM »
victory

Keep in mind you are citing Karl Rove, who is amazingly on the less extreme side of this battle.

President Obama set no trap and Rove knows it. This is all of the Republicans own doing. It is a war between radicals and extreme radicals. It is what happens to ideologues.

I am not happy about it at all as their Stupid has cost us trillions of dollars, if you were to add it all up. I would say their implosion is a silver lining but Pepsi I would much rather have them be more functional and addressing our problems as a nation rather than their idiotic power plays.

Online Pepsi

• Administrator
  • Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2013, 09:57:28 AM »
Norquist: Defund Obamacare Pushers Owe Fellow GOPers 'A Big Apology'

Americans for Tax Reform Leader Grover Norquist slammed Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and his fellow tea partiers who pushed a defund-Obamacare strategy in an interview with the National Review.

"It’d be a good idea if they stopped referring to other Republicans as Hitler appeasers because they opposed the strategy they put forward which failed," Norquist told National Review's Betsy Woodruff. "I think if you make a mistake as big as what they did, you owe your fellow senators and congressmen a big apology — and your constituents, as well, because nothing they did advanced the cause of repealing or dismantling Obamacare."

Though Norquist didn't name specific Republicans, he singled out the strategy championed by Cruz.

"They hurt the conservative movement, they hurt people’s health care, they hurt the country’s economic situation and they hurt the Republican party," Norquist continued. "And a lot of congressmen and senators are not going to win because we spent three months chasing our own tail — or at least, parts of the conservative movement spent three months chasing their own tail."

Norquist also told Woodruff that the strategy was similar to the failures in the most recent Iraq war.

"These are the people who said, ‘Plan: Step One, Invade Iraq. Step Two, It turns into Kansas,’” Norquist said. “Could I ask if there’s anything in between Step One and Step Two? ‘Oh ye of little faith.’”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/norquist-defund-obamacare-pushers-owe-fellow-gopers-a-big-apology

Offline Pardon_My_French

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2013, 10:02:49 AM »
Rove is wrong.

This was not a trap - and while there ARE fringe GOPers that wanted to derail the Act, we all knew that would fail.

Now, you guys OWN this Act - lock, stock and barrel. It's your baby.

And, I couldn't be happier.
"Let's be perfectly clear, Doug.  I am the smartest person in the room." ~ SchroedingersCat -- Newsrake's most pretentious, pompous and paranoid poster.

Offline FeydRatha

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 272
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2013, 10:17:21 AM »
Norquist: Defund Obamacare Pushers Owe Fellow GOPers 'A Big Apology'

Americans for Tax Reform Leader Grover Norquist slammed Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and his fellow tea partiers who pushed a defund-Obamacare strategy in an interview with the National Review.

"It’d be a good idea if they stopped referring to other Republicans as Hitler appeasers because they opposed the strategy they put forward which failed," Norquist told National Review's Betsy Woodruff. "I think if you make a mistake as big as what they did, you owe your fellow senators and congressmen a big apology — and your constituents, as well, because nothing they did advanced the cause of repealing or dismantling Obamacare."

Though Norquist didn't name specific Republicans, he singled out the strategy championed by Cruz.

"They hurt the conservative movement, they hurt people’s health care, they hurt the country’s economic situation and they hurt the Republican party," Norquist continued. "And a lot of congressmen and senators are not going to win because we spent three months chasing our own tail — or at least, parts of the conservative movement spent three months chasing their own tail."

Norquist also told Woodruff that the strategy was similar to the failures in the most recent Iraq war.

"These are the people who said, ‘Plan: Step One, Invade Iraq. Step Two, It turns into Kansas,’” Norquist said. “Could I ask if there’s anything in between Step One and Step Two? ‘Oh ye of little faith.’”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/norquist-defund-obamacare-pushers-owe-fellow-gopers-a-big-apology

Cruz isn't look out for anything but Cruz, and he is posturing for a run for president. The long knives are out.

Offline Pardon_My_French

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2013, 10:20:55 AM »
I am unaware of Cruz's birth history, but I've heard that he might not meet the constitutional requirements for a run for President.

Online Pepsi

• Administrator
  • Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2013, 10:47:01 AM »
Rove is wrong.

This was not a trap - and while there ARE fringe GOPers that wanted to derail the Act, we all knew that would fail.

Now, you guys OWN this Act - lock, stock and barrel. It's your baby.

And, I couldn't be happier.

We own what?   the GOP civil war?  the unpopularity of the tea nutters?   the popularity of Obamacare?    all of this came about due to the tea party types in the House but if you want to transfer ownership to us that's cool  :)

Offline hurricanehook

• Hero NewsRaker
  • Liked: 1907
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2013, 11:04:53 AM »
We own what?   the GOP civil war?  the unpopularity of the tea nutters?   the popularity of Obamacare?    all of this came about due to the tea party types in the House but if you want to transfer ownership to us that's cool  :)

Has anyone here on this forum, signed up for obamacare?
simply curious, since  barry said it will save everyone $2500 dollars a year on their premiums...
too early to tell?
time will tell.
that may be too late.
I have a company healthcare plan, and am happy with it.
what about the rest of you happy posters?
The quality of life is more important
than life itself"......Alexis Carrel.

Offline Pardon_My_French

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2013, 11:12:41 AM »
We own what?

You own Obamacrap.

It's allllllllll yours now.

;D

Offline Pardon_My_French

• Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2013, 11:14:32 AM »
Has anyone here on this forum, signed up for obamacare?
simply curious, since  barry said it will save everyone $2500 dollars a year on their premiums...
too early to tell?
time will tell.
that may be too late.
I have a company healthcare plan, and am happy with it.
what about the rest of you happy posters?

I tried to get on the exchanges and see what they cost, but finally gave up. I, too, have a private policy, but Holly tried and it was way out of her range.

From what I'm hearing - there are millions of lookie-loos but very, very few actually sign up.

Online Pepsi

• Administrator
  • Hero NewsRaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2013, 11:26:11 AM »
You own Obamacrap.

It's allllllllll yours now.

;D

Obamacare is one of president Obama's signature accomplishments.   Note the name which even Obama has embraced.   Democrats will reap political rewards from its success and Republicans will reap political rewards from its failures.    Republicans threatening to bring down the country over it didn't change that.